Best Friend Defends

Lauren P.O.V
I woke up to the beeping noise of our alarm clock and I groaned as I slammed it shut, and sat up looking around the room where I saw Lisa and Dani slowly getting up.
The events of yesterday came flooding back, yesterday me and Dani basically comforted Amy who was actually crying over her and Lisa's fight. Though honestly I was with Lisa on this one, I mean Christian is totally a play boy, basically like Hunter but not as sketchy and violent.
My phone buzzing brought me back into reality and I picked it up and looked at it o l to be met with a text from Maddy, oh great!
"Hey loser, hope you have an awful day and aww are you jealous little Amy has a boyfriend and you don't? Aw sucks for you! Also stay the hell away from me and Lisa during gym like I don't want to catch a disease you pig!" I felt a tear fall from my eye as I read the text, God am I really that bad?
"Hey Lauren who was that?" I heard Dani ask breaking my thought process.
"Oh no one it was just a false buzz" I replied quickly and she nodded but Lisa looked at me weirdly but then walked into the bathroom.
I grabbed my outfit for the day, a green t-shirt, my black flannel and some ripped light blue skinny jeans.
I waited for Lisa to be done and walked into the bathroom and took a quick shower and then put my clothes on. I quickly did my makeup and fixed my hair and then walked downstairs to get breakfast.
I saw the others down there and Lisa and Amy weren't sitting next to each other at all and Amy was shooting daggers at Lisa every chance she had. God Amy and Lisa were always close, ugh I hate boys!
Dani soon came down and quickly ate and we all hopped into Lisa's car and surprisingly Lisa put on the music even though she didn't seem like she was in a good mood.
When we got to the school Amy quickly got out of the car and walked off and I heard Lisa sigh, I walked up to her and put a hand on be shoulder and she looked at me.
"Don't worry Lise, she'll come around, either when she realizes he's a jerk or after something happens" I told her and she nodded and walked inside the school and me and Dani followed behind then splitting off going to our classes.
I walked into art and sat in my usual seat and soon enough Toby walked in as well and I smiled and waved at him.
"Hey Tobs!" I said and he smiled and sat down next to me putting his bag down.
"Wazzup Lorenzo!" He said whilst getting out a pencil, not gonna lie me and Toby have became pretty good friends hence the nickname but I don't know if I want to be anything more considering his brothers status.
"How's life?" He asked me and I shrugged and he looked curious so I chuckled and began explaining.
"And so now Amy and Lisa are basically in a standoff" I finished and he chuckled and I playfully punched his arm.
"It's not funny!" I said but he laughed and I started laughing too.
"Don't worry things will turn up soon" he told me and I nodded.
Soon our teacher started speaking and I payed attention.
"Okay today I want you guys to draw a picture of something super important to you and I want you guys to be creative with it, don't just draw that one important thing but add detail to it. You have till the end of the period but this is gonna be your first semester project so you can also work on it at home, it's due by the end of the quarter but you can hand it in earlier if you would like." Our teacher said and soon enough everyone was drawing and I was just sitting there wondering what to draw.
I looked over at Toby who was drawing and I think it had something to do with lacrosse but I wasn't sure.
Just then an idea hit me, I know exactly what I'm gonna draw!
I first drew a heart in the middle of the paper and drew two figures in the middle representing our parents and on the right I drew 3 figures who was gonna be me, Lisa and Dani and on left I drew the others. I drew musical notes attached to the heart and going around the piece of paper and some other cute little designs.
Soon enough when I finished sketching it was time to leave so I quickly put my stuff away and headed out of the classroom until I got slammed into a locker. I looked up and saw Maddy and her friends minus Lisa standing there.
"Hey freakshow! Your really ugly did ya know that? I mean look at yourself! Your an ugly cow! How could you be relegated to such beautiful people and then there's you! And you want to know something? You should of died with your parents!" She said and I felt tears in my eyes and soon enough they were flowing down my cheeks.
"Aww the lil baby is crying, go cry to your mom! Oh wait you don't have one!" She spat which only made me cry even harder.
"WHAT THE HELL!" I looked up and saw Toby storming over and kneeling next to me. He got up and went into Maddy's face.
"Listen here you bitch, Lauren is an amazing person, she's funny, talented and just straight up amazing! Now at least she's not a slut like you are! How many guys have you slept with? Oh and don't forget how you seduced your teacher to get a good grade, now fuck off Maddy, no one gives a shit about you!" Toby spoke with pure rage and determination in his voice and Maddy only huffed and stomped off.
Toby immediately knelt next to me and put his hands on my shoulders and looked me in the eyes.
"Are you okay? Don't let what she said get to you, your still alive for a reason okay, your an incredible person don't forget that" he told me and I nodded as he helped me up.
"I'll text you later okay, stay strong alright" he said and I nodded and then walked off and I walked towards my second period. I can't believe Toby stood up for me like that, I'm honestly super happy I met him. Being friends with him is all I need to be happy.

A/N: WOOT WOOT 2 CHAPTERS 1 DAY GUYSSS! Hoped y'all liked it!!!
Also TOBY SLAYYYYY DAT BISH!!! Personally I really like Toby but tell me your thoughts! Also if y'all wanna kill Maddy you BETTA make sure I'm helping!!! Love you guys!!
See y'all l8er!
~Nikki