Chapter Thirty-Three

Shelby's Point Of View

"Yeah yeah we just got here, we're going inside now," Adam smiled, while holding my hand as he spoke on the phone, he held open the door to Zara's hospital room and then nodded at me, telling me to enter first as he gripped the handle standing aside.

"Yeah everything's fine." He smiled sweetly, I stared at him annoyed because he was on the phone since we entered the hospital. "But I think we should speak later, Shelby's giving me the look." He laughed "it was nice talking to you Mrs. Quinn." He paused "yeah I'm coming over for dinner later. Okay, bye mommy." He joked and then smirked as he hung up and closed the door behind himself.

"You guys know each other for a week and you're that close?" I rolled my eyes as he laughed.

"Well I did save her daughter's life." He shrugged and then Zara commented "Technically Alex did, and you shot me." She said sitting upright, she was bandaged up and looking more healthier today, Adam and I had visited her everyday since the incident and it was nice to see her doing better.

"Again, I didn't mean to shoot you." Adam spoke as I smiled stepping towards her bed and then I hugged her "hey." I said then she smiled at me before replying to Adam "likely story Clark, you have a better aim than I do and you expect me to believe that bullshit." She chuckled and then he said "I was loosing my mind, I literally couldn't focus." He tried defending himself as he hugged her and then kissed her forehead.

"You doing good though?" He smirked and then wrapped his arms around my waist standing behind me, resting his chin on my shoulder, he smelt so fresh like washed sheets of Egyptian cotton, as he gave me a few quick tiny kisses in my neck.

"Yeah I'm great, where's Alex?" She asked and then I replied "he's at work, his boss wouldn't give him another day off."

She rolled her eyes and then changed the subject, "So did you guys bring me food, I swear the food here is so shitty, I can't deal." She moaned but honestly that was Alex's job, but I remember him saying "don't forget the tacos." But Adam and I were to obsessed with kissing each other and giggling on the couch to pay any attention to him as he left for work.

"No." Adam smirked and then she groaned "I hate you guys." She brushed her hair from her face and the Adam scratched around in his jeans pocket and stepped towards her "I have something better though." He held a tiny little blue box out to her, still smirking and then she burst out in tears as Adam and I laughed.

She slowly took the box and then opened it.

"My-my ring." She said feeling super emotional as she pulled her engagement ring from the holder and then slid it onto her finger.

"What does this mean?" She wiped her tears and then glanced up at Adam and I.

"The fuck you think? He wants to marry you." Adam nodded.

And then she smiled. "Oh my god!" She stared at the princess cut diamond band and then Adam spoke "he wanted my blessing and told me that he wouldn't marry you unless I was okay with it, and before I rip that ring from your finger, I need to ask you a question." He was serious "You gonna break my brothers heart again and leave him for your job?" He asked and then she shook her head.

"I'm done with the job. He matters more to me. I'll never hurt him again." She said and then he nodded "ayt, I believe you." He smirked and then she squealed "I'm getting married!!"

"Congratulations." I said and then she responded "Thanks. I can't wait to rub my ring in Kat's face!"

"You're such a bitch." I laughed and then Adam got another phone call, this promotion he recently got at work had really pissed me off. It's like Adam can't even spend thirty minutes without them needing him.