Chapter Thirteen

I quickly texted my mother that I would be spending the day with Anna studying and would be home tonight but the truth was I was going to spend it with Beau, I had to question Zara about William myself and find out if she was a liar or not.

"Babe." Beau called as I pulled my head up to give him my attention while placing my phone into my pocket as he headed through his front door.

I felt like I was living a double life, one where I had normal worries about school, family, Anna, Noel and Charlie and the other was finding out the mystery behind William's death and discovering the mystery behind Beau Rogue himself, oh and how can I forget his sister who almost killed us both.

I wasn't sure of how I had managed to keep those lives separate and how I was able to deal with these situations but somehow I was more than capable.

"She's not here." He said as we both stood in the centre of his clean and tidy home, as if it wasn't a disaster just yesterday. Both of us in awe, I watched him pull out his phone and then called her number.

"Where are you?" He spoke as she answered and then he put her on speaker. "I thought you wanted to speak to me, and sort shit out?" He questioned as I listened.

"My job called. I'll be home later then we can talk." She spoke and then hung up as he sighed lighting a cigarette before tossing his phone onto his couch, I strolled freely around his home as I traced the surfaces of his furniture with my index finger to notice it was spotless not a spec of dust in sight.

"This is unbelievable." I said and then turned to see him pulling his hoody from his body, leaving him in a t-shirt "I know, she's something else." he said in curiosity and then picked up his cigarette from the ashtray on the coffee table and then brought it to his lips.

"You staying though?" He scratched the back of his neck nervously as the cigarette suck out from the side of his mouth.

"If you want me to?" I smiled watching him.

"Yeah, it's cool with me." He nodded as we acted like two awkward little kids with the biggest crush.

"Okay." I laughed lightly and then spoke "point me to your kitchen." I said and then he walked forward and led me through French doors which opened up to the cutest little kitchen ever, it was so cozy and sweet and then he hopped onto the counter sitting on the surface as he smirked at me and then placed his hand on the low crotch of his sweatpants as he took one more drag from his cigarette and then squashed it before tossing it into the bin.

"You going to cook for me?" He asked raising his brows and then I smiled "Yeah, in fact I am." I paused coming towards him and then rested my hands on his knees "you said you can't cook and you really can't live off junk food forever so, lemme cook for you." I said and then he leaned forward to kiss my forehead.

"That would be awesome but my selves are empty. I don't really buy groceries." He laughed and then opened the cupboard that neighboured him to prove his words, only to find the shelves fully stocked with almost everything. Both of us astonished with eyebrows pressed together.

"Zara." He nodded. "Curiouser and Curiouser." He hopped off from the counter and then I smiled "Alice in wonderland?"

"Yeah that's my favourite book." He said and then backed me up against the counter, his arms trapping me between them as he leaned forward to kiss me and I really wanted him to, despite everything that was going, Beau and I had a connection that couldn't be buried in the mess we both lived, but I couldn't do this again,

while I was still dating Noel.

"No." I pushed his lips back with my index finger and then he bit it playfully with his perfect teeth as I giggled and then he backed off as I turned to reach for the different ingredients in order to make stew.

I pulled out an onion and then he got me the chopping board and a knife as he turned on the stove and then took out the pots and pans.

I began to chop up the onion as he stood behind me holding my waist with his firm grip while sniffing up the scent in my neck causing a smile to widen on my face. His soft kisses on my shoulder felt like I was being touched by an angel, he was perfectly balanced, he knew when to be delicate and when to be rough and dominant.

"I think." He kissed my neck "I'm going to take Charlie on his offer and try out for the football team." He laughed as I felt his breath tickle my skin while I tossed the chopped up onions into the pan.

"What?" I smiled in shock dropping the knife to turn and face him "you are not the football type." I spoke and then he chuckled "oh you think I'm not strong enough?" He joked lifting me up into his arms, bridal style as he swung me around the kitchen causing me to burst out in giggles "I'm not strong enough right?" He joked attacking me with kisses in my neck as I screamed in joy.

"Beau!" I giggled "the onions!" I laughed "they're going to burn." I said holding onto his neck as I sniffed the burning smell and then jumped out of his arms and quickly grabbed the handle of the pan and accidental flipped the onions out, as they flew across, past me landing on Beau as he shut his eyes to be hit by flying bits of burnt onion.

I pointed and laughed as he opened his eyes to see me clutching my stomach as I roared with a joyful noise and then he did a half smirked with onions in his hair, just staring at me enjoying myself.

"I'm sorry." I rushed towards him still laughing as I kissed his cheek a million times and then picked onions from his hair.

"I'm sorry Beau." I tried to hold in my laugher as I grabbed his cheeks and then kiss his soft lips impulsively,

Shit, I just can't help myself. I thought as our lips touched feeling like an explosion in my soul and then he kissed me back with force ending it with a butterfly kiss before he said,

"Sweetheart, Ima go get cleaned up, you know shower and get dressed." He kissed my forehead and then I said "okay, I'll be over here making you food." I rolled my eyes playfully and then he gave me a big fat kiss before rushing off to clean himself up.

I had prepared his meal while he showered and then he came downstairs to join me, we sat together at a table as he lit candles just as the sun began to set, it was romantic and sweet, he even cleaned his plate and had another one to follow,

Boys eat so much.

We decided to spend the rest of our time together laying on the couch and watching a few episodes from the series The Originals before my phone began to ring,

Please mom not now. Damn i regret giving her my new number. I cuddled Beau who was half asleep and then answered the call without checking the caller's name.

"Hello?" I spoke softly as I heard a loud roar of people on the other end but Charlie's voice was louder.

"Shelby!" He screamed "I didn't know who else to call, I need you." He was in a panicky state as I hopped from Beau's couch, waking my sleeping baby.

"What's wrong? where are you?" I spoke as Beau opened his eyes to see me freaking out which had alerted him.

"I'm at Cole's House, Cole from the Team. Shelby I can't breathe!!" He screamed and then hung up as Beau put his shoes on.

"We need to go get Charlie!" I began to shake as Beau grabbed his keys while I followed behind him.