Chapter Ten

"Mmmmm." Was the sound coming from my throat as the tape sealed my lips shut, I sat tied up to a wooden chair with thick ropes pressing my skin. My heartbeat blasting in my chest as I watched Zara from the middle of Beau's living room. I couldn't move nor speak, this was torturous. I felt a lump in my throat as tears dropped from my eyes, I needed my mother, my father, anyone. I wanted to go home.

I needed to go home.

She watched me as the tears wet my cheeks. Zara had shown no remorse, my body was tired, I had no energy I could barely wiggly in these tight ropes and all I could think about was my family, what would I tell them? Would they even believe me? Was it even safe for me to head to the police and confess the situation I was forced to be in?

I heard the door open and then lifted my gaze to see sneakers step their way inside, tattoos crawling on his skin as I listened to his footsteps coming closer, he held a gun in his hand, his top half in a fresh white t-shirt as he stared at me with wide eyes trying to take in the state I was in, his eyes scanned me and then shifted to Zara who too had a gun glued to her hand.

"Brother." She smiled.

"Untie her!" He demanded calmly but I could tell by the way his chest moved that he was angry.

"You don't make the rules Beau." She said prowling over to me as he allowed the nose of his gun to follower her.

I left her cup my jaw with her hand as she lifted my head to have my temple meet her gun.

"You know what I don't understand Beau," she smirked shaking her head "you are capable of caring about someone you barely know, but kill the people you've known your whole life." She said pressing the gun harder against my temple, my body began to shake, I couldn't explain the feeling that rushed through me in that moment, having a gun being pressed against your head was something I would never wish upon my darkest enemy.

"I don't recall having a fucking sister, you're a liar. Let her go, like you said, this is between us." He nodded trying to pull her attention so she wouldn't hurt me further.

"I was adopted at the age of two days. Our mother put me up for adoption, I'm your half sister." She spoke "I was her first born, I was the product of a summer romance with some country bad boy in Texas, after she gave birth to me she met your father 2 years later and fell in love and then birthed satan." She smirked. "All my fucking life I dreamt about meeting her. My biological father died when I four from a drug overdose and when I learnt that my mother died by the hands of my brother I wanted nothing more but to kill you." She spoke grabbing a chunk of my hair to lift my head as if to force Beau to see my pain, it hurt as if she was about to pull the strands from my scalp. "My adoptive parents were trained assassins, I was raised to kill, I was raised to follow in their footsteps, I felt as if my whole life I was forced to kill for money, until I learned about you and now for the first time I will kill for satisfaction." She nodded. "I waited for you to get out of Juvie and when I watched you save this girl, I watched you care for her and that made it easier for me to get you exactly where I wanted you." She laughed darkly "Beau you made this so easy for me, you're the one with a reputation I honestly expected this to be harder." She smiled as he listened and then she shifted the nose of her gun to point at him and then he spoke.

"I didn't fucking kill them!" He yelled his voice deep as Zara stood there holding herself from firing and then he looked at me for a moment, his eyes met mine as she fired a shot from her silent gun. grazing his arm, he stood firm as his arm began to bleed wetting his once white shirt. "I didn't kill our mother nor did I kill my father." He spoke.

"Then who the fuck did!!?" She yelled "you killed my mother Beau, you fucking got locked up for it!" She cried "of course you killed her!!"

"Listen to me, I didn't kill her and if you kill me you'll never know the truth about our family and the murder." He nodded. "I'll tell you the truth and I'll prove it. I just need time."

"Why should I believe you!?" Her tears tapping from her eyes. "Why!?" She pointed the gun at his heart and this had scared me, forcing my tears to run like hers.

"Mmmmm." I tried screaming and then she turned to yell at me "Shut up!!" She screamed.

"Untie her, let her go."

"No!" She cried as I noticed Beau walking slowly towards me.

"I promise, I'll prove that I'm innocent. If I can't prove it. You can kill me." He nodded seriously and then came up to the chair I was strapped in, he touched my face with his hand as I watched his t-shirt soak in his blood.

He then slowly placed his gun down while going down on his knees to untie my feet from the legs of the chair as she watched him and strangely let him. If he was being honest he was better off alive than dead to her.

"You okay?" He stared up at my face as his eyes filled with concern and then I nodded while he untied my feet, Zara weeped with no boundaries as if she was stuck inside a world in her mind. I felt his fingers untie my hands from the back of the chair and then his chin hovered above my shoulder as his lips almost touched my skin.

"Im here now, everything's going to be find okay?" He whispered as I felt his breath touch my skin and then I felt another tear slide down from my eye as he untied me and then came before me and wiped it away with his thumb as I watched Zara leave, taking her gun along with her, she stepped out of Beau's house without saying a thing but all he could focus on was me.

"Look at me sweetheart." He swallowed "I'm going to rip the tape from your mouth, it's going to hurt but try not to focus on the pain okay?" He nodded and then bit his bottom lip nervously as he gazed deeply into my eyes as I did the same and then I shut it tightly when I was ready and in one quick painful movement he tore the tape from my lips, it's departure had stung my skin leaving behind a burning sensation and then I spoke.

"Oh-Oh my god." I said as tears came bursting out while I leaped over into his arms and then he held me. I felt his strong muscles hold my tiny frame as I cried on his shoulder and then he rubbed my back.

"I'm sorry." He whispered but I couldn't even speak, this wasn't his fault but still he felt sorry and there was beauty in that.

"You're you're b-b-bleeding Beau." I struggled to say through my weep as my tears soaked his t-shirt and then he smirked letting out a tiny laugh under his breath. "Don't worry about me I'm okay kid. I can handle it." He continued to rub my back as I refused to let go of him. I felt safe in his arms like nothing could hurt me and as his body protected mine in that very moment,

it felt as if his arms was my sanctuary.