Chapter Nine

I sat nervously in the passenger seat beside her, I wanted to call my parents, I wanted to call Noel, I wanted to call anyone but she had taken my phone and tossed it into the road, she was a focused driver, not peeling her eyes from her view once, I couldn't help but glance at her a few times but she just sat there and pretended that I wasn't there for most of the car ride. She had model like features and the most plumped naturally red lips I had ever seen with a small pointy nose. She was-

"Stop staring at me." Her voice disrupting my thoughts, she kept her eyes fixed on the road with a serious face and in this moment I had wanted to punch Beau for getting into whatever trouble it was that involved this uptight, demanding bitch.

It's obvious to see that his troubles were unwillingly now mine and this was to much. I hardly knew the boy but at the same time it felt like I had known him my whole life. If I was going to be stuck with this disaster of a woman for god knows how long, it would be least expected that she gave me some answers.

"Who are you?" I started off after a long pause.

"Shut your mouth or I'll tape it closed." She smiled thinly.

"Look," I ignored her "I don't even know what's happening right now, honestly I'm trying to play this so cool but I'm afraid that if I don't get answers I will began to freak out and when I freak out I hyperventilate, puke, scream and basically go nuts."

"Like attracts like." She spoke.

"What's that suppose to mean?" I asked and then she said, still staring at the road.

"The crazy attracts the crazy." She smirked, I felt myself turning slightly red and then looked out of my window to hide it as we passed tree's in the neighborhood and streets that were familiar to me. I tried not to have her notice my little blush episode.

Oh my god, why was I blushing anyway. Stop Shelby. Think about Noel, think about Noel. I repeated in my mind in order to get me to focus again.

"What do you want with Beau." I mumbled.

"I'll prefer to surprise you when we find him."

"Are you like some crazy ex or something?" I asked feeling a pinch of jealousy, only a little wave in the ocean of my emotions but still it was there. Let's face it she was beautiful, I was average.

"That's disgusting." Her face blank as she only saw the open road.

Wait, why was that disgusting, Beau was Beautiful and smart, and kind, and funny there was nothing disgusting about him and then it settled that she was probably referring to his past.

"Don't say that about him." I became defensive.

"Yeah you know him for a week or two and suddenly you're an expert on Beau Rogue." Her eyes like slits.

"I don't have to know him, to know that when I look into his eyes I see..." I took a breath in.

"A murderer, a demon, a destroyer, Satan?" She smirked cutting me off.

"No, I see a misunderstood soul gasping for air to just breathe like everyone else does. I see struggle...I see, good." I nodded.

"Oh grow up, he killed his parents and didn't feel guilty, he is sick, he is a sociopath."

"Stop." I shook my head staring out of the window it was hard to hear someone say the truth I already knew, to verbalized it something that made my body shook. I wasn't sure if I wanted her to stop because I was defensive or because I was afraid that if she continued, I would only see Beau for his past.

"Struck a nerve?" She asked knowing she did, "you're quite defensive over another man when you've already got your own." She taunted me "Noel, right?"

I didn't respond.