Chapter Three

"The police questioned you?" Anna sat across from me at our lunch table, she spoke with crunched up apple bits in her mouth while she held onto the juicy red sphere in her hand. Her blonde hair in a sleek ponytail, her make-up done as if Picasso had painted her face and the "V" of her top, a little low for my taste but that was Anna for you, cleavage was her accessory.

"Yeah, Beau was literally in cuffs, I'm still trying to figure out who was in that body bag." I whispered taking a bite out of my chicken salad as I glanced over to Beau's lunch table where he sat alone smoking a cigarette, the stick stuck out from the corner of his mouth as he pulled out his car key's and began to carve into the wooden table. He must have walked home this morning from my house to get he's mustang.

"Murderer or not, the boy is still kinda hot though." Anna pulled me from my thoughts as she quickly turned to glance at him and then he looked up staring directly at us, making me nervous as he blew smoke from his perfectly shaped lips.

Students roaming around had grown familiar with Beau's presence and therefore chose to ignore him, pretending he didn't exist, thinking that would keep them safe and out of his way.

"I want him." She said still staring at him, she was practically drooling.

Anna, he killed his family, need I remind you!

"Are you listening to yourself, you have Charlie and...he's a psycho murderer." I was astonished at what she had just said.

"You know what they say about the crazy ones." She laughed turning to see me, and then I smiled awkwardly before taking a sip of my soda as she stared at my motion.

"Do you know how much sugar that is?"

"No, but I don't really care" I laughed as I rolled my eyes, Anna's such a health bitch, last week she literally hit a doughnut out of my hand while I was in the midst of eating it, she's healthy but she's also a bitch, hence health bitch.

I watched her tug at the band that held her hair up as it came down in volume, loosely running down her back, she pulled out a mirror to look at herself and check if she was perfect and of course she always was.

"How do I look?" She asked already knowing the answer.

"Flawless." I smiled and then she stood up from our table.

"Anna, what are you doing?" My eyes wide knowing exactly where she was going "Charlie's right over there." I said moving my eyes to see Charlie who was talking to a few freshmen girls who had just came up to him before he had a chance to reach our table, he's straight long hair ending below he's ears pushed back by he's hand as he smiled while interacting with those giggling girls.

"I'm going to go invite Mr. Psycho to my party tonight, that should spice things up a little." She shrugged "you're inviting a murderer to a gathering with a ton of people, at night?" I questioned and then she rolled her eyes "Don't be so dramatic Shelby." She said and then glanced over at him "I'll be quick." She said and then winked as she strolled away, her skirt was short the way she liked it and her tanned legs were model like, in fact she could be on the cover of...well, anything.

She was beautiful.

"Annnn..." I tried calling her back but she was already almost at his table. My eyes couldn't help but watch as she pressed her hands on the surface of the wood, leaning over while Beau sat across from her, he killed his lit cigarette to notice her and give her the attention she so desperately craved.

His eyes darted to her cleavage first and then he smirked as she had spoken to him, she seemed eager to speak, his eyes met her's while she laughed and then he reached out his hand to wrap a lock of her hair around his finger, bringing her closer to him, she leaned in deeper and then he had said something to her, causing her to bite her lower lip as people began to stare at them as if they were a new reality TV show and then some stared at me to see my reaction to this flirtationship that took place with my friend and the town psycho.