Chapter Thirty-One

Shelby's Point Of View

"the bus was silent and I couldn't help but notice Beau sitting in the backseat, just staring out of the window." He smiled thinking about his precious lover, "you see Shelby, he had just gotten released from Juvenal prison and I had just escaped the dreaded mental hospital I was forced to live in my whole life." He rolled his eyes brushing it off as I brought my weak eyes to see him. "Call it fate, but there we were sitting side by side," he gushed like a soon to be bride "blah blah blah, time progressed we fell in love told each other secrets and noticed we had a hobby in common. Would you like to guess?" His eyes as excitedly wide as a kid spotting a chocolate cake, I groaned and then he said in a hurried exuberant tone "no don't guess!" He paused as if I was actually playing along "I'll tell you!" He smiled.

"Killing!" He said as if that was the cheerful obvious.

"Everywhere we went, we killed and then Beau had decided to come back home, back to this town." He began to pace before Zara and I and then took a moment to think as his face became sad "this town has value to him, it was the place of his first kill and we were going to massacre as much people as we could, it's a form of rebirth, to become better, stronger." He nodded and then walked towards me, standing right before me as he bent lower to be face to face with me, he was a breathing distance away and then he exasperatedly said "and then he met you!" Pushing his words out almost pausing between them.

He lifted himself up and then said "you see Shelby, Beau fell in love with you and left me with a broken heart, to fend for myself!" He screamed and then faced beau "on the back burner!" He yelled and then faced me again, "no more killing, no partner in crime, no lover! Nothing!" He was furious as I swung my head, the dizziness kicking in full force, I was sure I was going to pass out, I closed my eyes praying for Adam's presence, "I had to get him back, my boyfriend had to be my boyfriend again, so I dated sweet Charlie in attempt to make him jealous but did it work?" He paused as if he wanted me to answer "No!" He screamed and then I thought of Charlie,

Shit,

"Where's Charlie?" I asked "did you hurt him?" I said letting out a mouthful of air.

"Oh heavens no!" He was astonished "Charlie's fine, enjoying the party, at least for now." He shrugged as I felt Zara's tugging into the rope that had bounded my hands, it hurt feeling her scratch my skin but I had to suppress the pain. "So anyway! Before you rudely interrupted! I dated Charlie, but the killing had to go on, it's a craving, an addiction, I can't stop, so I killed those people at the senior home and tried to frame Beau for the murders so he could go back to jail and be as far away from you as possible." He nodded as if that was the reasonable thing to do and then turned to Beau "sorry baby." He said and then Beau nodded "it's cool."

"So I had to get my man back after I noticed that Detective Clark was smart enough to know that it was a setup, no way was Beau going to jail so I abducted my then sane boyfriend that you happened to changed for the worst by the way, and then dumped him into my car drove him out to the town we had killed our first victim together, reminding him of the times we had and then we killed again, we were planning to flee for good but you just had open your legs for my man and get pregnant! Filthy little slut!" He stepped towards me "He was mine! I wanted you dead! but Beau wanted a baby, so here we are Shelby!"

"You lose!" He smiled.

"I win, I get Beau, your baby and the satisfaction of killing Adam Clark." He claimed victory in that psychotic little mind of his.

I had to be smart. I remembered Beau's reaction and how worried Finn was after I had told Beau that he was no competition compared to Adam,

I used that.