Chapter Thirty-Two

Adam's Point Of View

"Can you drive faster! You're slower than nana!" I yelled "and she walks!" I paused staring at Alex "with a walking stick!" My mind racing, my heart pounding. How can he drive this fucking slow!

"Shut up Adam, I don't wanna go over the speed limit!" He seemed like he was beginning to get anxiety, panicking from the pressure I was pilling on, but this was Shelby's life and every second counts.

"Why? The cops ganna pull you over?" I said dryly as if he had forgotten that I was a cop and he wouldn't get into any trouble.

"No, it's just that I don't want to break the rules Adam, I know she needs you, but I can't, I just can't!" He said and I swear I wanted to kill him. This fucking bitch ass doesn't understand that my baby girl's life is in danger!

I then pulled out my gun and pointed it at him.

"If you don't fucking drive faster, I swear Alex I'm going to shoot you in the leg." I said calmly, lining my voice with frustration, holding the gun in my hand and then he jumped in his seat.

"Are you crazy! Don't point that thing at me!" He yelled "you might accidentally shoot me, you ass!" He said taking his eyes off the road to glance at me but I refuse to drop my gun.

"I'm not going to accidentally shoot you, I'm going to do it purposely." I nodded "I'm not playing boy, drive faster or I'm seriously going to shoot you in the leg. You know I'll fucking do it." He seemed frightened and then picked up speed.

I wasn't really going to shoot, come on, he's my brother but more importantly, my driver.

I honestly would have driven myself but in this state of mind I could tell that I would probably get Alex and myself killed from the way my body and mind couldn't control itself, my leg was hopping as I grew impatient, I just needed to see her and hold her in my arms.

I searched in my backseat for my other gun and then pulled it out and tossed it onto his lap, he glanced down and then looked at me for a spilt second.

Both of us rushing with emotion, driven by fear, me fearing her life and Alex fearing me.

"Why are you giving me a gun?" He asked as I felt my car zooming down the dark clear road.

"You're my backup." I nodded.

"What!? I'm not a cop, why don't you phone the force for backup!?"

"And have the house surrounded in blue and red lights, the moment beau and whoever the fuck hears sirens, they gonna kill her." I said praying that she was still alive. This made me more anxious, raising my nerves to another level.

"It's funny." He smiled "Zara's brothers name is Beau." He smiled awkwardly and then I was silent for a moment and that's when his eyes grew wide as he glowered at me.

"It's her fucking brother! Adam you piece of shit!" He began to grow anger.

"I didn't wanna tell you, she put you through hell, and bringing her up was something I feared would send you back there, I thought I was doing the right thing."

"No! You're my brother! Since when do we keep shit from each other!?"

"Don't act innocent you little cunt, I know she visited you! I smelt her perfume in your doorway!" I spat. "I told you I don't want you around that girl, she's bad news! She's not for you!"

"Shut up Adam." He said not wanting to talk about it and I had to respect that as he focused on the road, the car was quiet for a moment and then he said "I'm not using this gun." He referred to the one I tossed onto his lap.