Chapter Fourteen

The music blasting on this vibrant Friday night at Cole's house party. I could feel the vibration shivering though my body as I held Beau's hand, leading him through the crowd of drunk teenagers, strobe lights and glow sticks lighting up the midnight blue glow in every room, girls dressed in tight skimpy outfits, with glow sticks circling their necks and wrists like jewelry, their pupils dilated from party drugs like ecstasy, acid and cocaine I could feel their energetic energy as one drugged up girl threw herself at Beau, stopping us in our path as she wrapped her arms around his neck trying to pull him from my hold. Was she blind, I was clearly holding his hand.

"Hey!" I stopped and turned to yell at her over the music as she smiled. Her brown hair hanging over her shoulders, while her fingers rested on the soft skin of his neck. She stared at him flirtatiously, he's hot I know but for fuck sake. "Take your fucking hands off him." I spoke as Beau stood there not knowing what to do or how to remedy the situation because this girl was clearly out of it. She tilted her head back in laughter, her teeth blinding white from the fluorescent light while she had refused to remove her grip from him. I then personally wrapped my fingers around her wrist and ripped her slimy little hand from touching him, before lightly shoving her into the direction of some other guy as she stumbled onto him laughing and swaying to the beat of the music, she seemed to have known him as they spoke. She completely forgot our encounter almost immediately and then Beau smirked taking my hand in his again as I continued to lead us through the crowd,

"I like that you down for me, like I'm your man. You ain't like this with Noel." He came closer to yell in my ear over the music. I rolled my eyes with a smile and continued to walk through the crowd to find anyone I knew, anyone that could help me find Charlie.

I spotted Anna sitting on a counter filled with bottles of alcohol as she handed out drinks to everyone while occasionally wet sloppy kissing the guy behind the bar making the drinks, it looked disgusting and even though I didn't want to speak to her I had too,

I had to find Charlie.

So I pushed and shoved through thirty drunks who craved a glass from her hand, only to be soaked in a glass of pure vodka by some random guy, my skin and white tank wet as the liquid sinked in revealing the color of my bra from beneath its thin material and then the drunken asshole who spilt his drink on me stared at me chest and then gripped my waist. "Shelby!" She acted excited to see me but I didn't know him "Show me your boobs" he laughed as I stared at him disgusted at his existence then Beau stepped forward to punch him clean in the face as he dropped to the ground bleeding a little as he mumbled cuss words while everyone made a circle around him.

Anna looked down to see me and then I yelled up at her.

"where is Charlie!?"

"How the fuck should I know?" She said jumping to the ground and then stared me dead in the eye. "You're such a slut, you're dating Noel while having sex with Beau, now your looking for Charlie cause I bet you want him too." She said not stuttering but I could tell she was drunk by her lazy eyes. It hurt as those words came at me, not because it was true because it wasn't, but because it has came from her,

my best friend.

"Just tell me where Charlie is please." Her words still stung but I had more important things to do than feel shitty right now.

"Like I said I don't know whore!" She yelled her breath reeked of strong liquor as I squeezed Beau's hand as if it would make the pain leave my heart. "At least we're the same now." She said and then I brushed her off as I tried leaving and then her next words had forced me to turn and stay.

"You're only trying to find Charlie so you can fuck him like I fucked Noel." She laughed and then I stared at her, my heart dropped in my chest and for a moment everything felt in slow motion, What!?" I said in disbelief.

"Remember that bra you found in his Nissan, it was mine, I forgot it in his car after we had sex!" She said as Beau tried to pull me away from the Drama "Baby lets go find Charlie." He said and then Anna spoke again "that wasn't the first time and honestly we never stopped." She smirked and then I felt the anger boil in my blood as I broke free from Beau's hold like a caged animal who had just escaped and then slapped the shit out of her as her face swung from the force as a burning sensation lingered on my hand and then I shook my head as she stared at me saying nothing before I had took Beau's hand and led him up the staircase.

My heart felt like it was on fire, I was filled with so much emotion but I could allow it to take control of me.

Not now.

I began to knock on every room door hoping to find any sign of Charlie and then Beau shoved some random boy against the wall as he grew frustrated in our search "you seen Charlie?"

"Yeah man, put me down." He seemed frighten and then Beau placed him down "I saw him heading for the third bathroom, fifteen minutes ago." He said and then got lost in the steam of people passing up and down. I rushed to the bathroom, tried to open the door but it was locked and then Beau kicked it open with force as I found Noel bending over Charlie's unconscious body, slapping his cheeks as if to wake him from his slumber.

"Get away from him!" I yelled as I marched in pushing Noel aside.

"Charlie!" I yelled with salty water covering my eyes as I fell to my knees beside his body.

God, I can't deal with this right now. Please god tell me his okay.

"His dead." Noel spoken drunkenly not even able to stand up straight and then I felt Charlie's pulse and it was still beating he was still alive.

"What did you do!!" I screamed.

"I didn't do anything. Calm down baby." Noel spoke as I spat out "I'm not your baby."

"Beau, call 911." I asked politely as I lifted Charlie's head onto my lap and brushed his hair with my fingers.

"I told him not to take so much coke, I told him." Noel mumbled.

"You gave him coke!?" My eyes wide.

"Yeah we do it all the time but this never happens." He shrugged as I listened to Beau speak to the people on the other end of the call and then he hung up. "They're on their way." He spoke and then Beau noticed a plastic cup with a clear liquid inside.

"What's that?" He asked pointing his eyes at the cup and then Noel answers "it's Charlie's, it's water." He shrugged and then Beau picked it up and examined it to notice crystals at the bottom.

"You slipped some other shit into this cup, that's why you didn't call 911 when Charlie passed out right? Because you would be to blame, So instead you would rather let him die then go to jail. If he's dead they wouldn't hear his side of the story, leaving you off the hook" Beau nodded. "Right!?" And then Noel got angry,

"Shut the fuck up!! You don't know what the fuck your talking about freak!" He yelled and then I noticed a guilty look on Noel's face before he stepped closer to Beau. "You were going to let him die!" Tears streamed out of my eyes. "How can you just let him die!!!" I screamed and then he glanced over at me as I could feel my heart exploding in my chest, just hoping Charlie would be okay at the end of all of this.

"Baby come on." He pleaded but then I screamed. "We're done! We're finished! I want nothing to do with you!!" I cried.

"Is this because of The freak or Charlie!?" Noel questioned.

"Both!" I yelled "And I know you cheated on me with Anna. You liar!" I screamed and then he laughed as he stubbled out of the bathroom and then threw his arm over some random girl the drunkenly stumbled by. Beau lifted Charlie's body up and threw it over his shoulder in order to carry him out. "Watch your arm baby, remember you're still recovering from Zara's gun shot." I said reminding him.

"I'm fine. Let's get him outta here and wait for the ambulance to show up." He said as tears still fell from my eyes, my heart still beating fast and then Beau walked out first as I clutched the back of his T-shirt so we wouldn't separate and get lost in this outrageous party,  I watched Charlie's face as it hung down helplessly and all I truly wanted in depth of my heart was for him to be okay.