Chapter Twenty-Three

Adam's point of view

I sat in the leather passenger seat, pulling open the secret compartment beneath the flooring mats of my car as Shelby sat, staring at the road, gripping my steering wheel,

driving my black Chevrolet Camaro SS,
This cop shit, really hooked me up.

I don't know what the fuck had washed over me when she had asked if she could drive but I couldn't say no.

I can't say no to her, she's like a feisty little cute fucking kitten with big pretty eyes and sexy lips and,

Fuck.

"What are you doing?" She asked her eyes wide with thoughts of Beau on her mind, I could tell.

"Getting my gun." I pulled it and then lifted my eyes to see her face.

"Why do you need a gun?" She asked spinning the steering wheel as she took a sharp left "it's not like you gonna shoot anyone." She spoke and then I responded "it's just to keep Beau and Noel civil." I shrugged and then whispered to myself "but if shit goes down, I'm definitely shooting someone." I cleared my throat and then her eyes darted to stare at me.

"What?"

Shit, she heard me.

"Nothing," I smirked "you're actually a great driver." I nodded, which she was, she's an impeccable driver, a bit reckless but she's great.

"Thanks, my dad use to be into cars when I was younger before he let his job consume him," she rolled her eyes "he taught me everything about driving and everything I needed to know about cars and more." She spoke as I watched her wavy hair fall over her shoulder, fucking pretty ocean waves "I use to street race back when I dated Noel." She smiled but it was a distracted smile, she was more focused on the road.

She's so beautiful, I stared at her clear skin, shinny eyes and luscious lips as she slowed down, slightly applying breaks and then my mind pulled me back to reality,

she stopped the car completely, near Noel's house, she was about to get out but then I decided to pull her back into her seat.

"No." I shook my head, she stared deeply into my forest eyes as a street light shon down on us, "you have James Dean eyes" she said not evening knowing what was coming from her mouth, this made me smile and then I spoke "stay in the car." I demanded switching off this mushy feeling I felt in my heart,

fucking gross,

and then she glowered at me, almost shaking her head in disbelief "please stay in the car, I know what I'm doing, I know how to do my job, so please stay in the car." I spoke and then she sighed folding her arms on her chest. "Fine." She rolled her eye and then I smirked lifting myself up clutching the gun in my right hand.

I stepped onto the tar road as I noticed Beau's silver mustang parked right in front of Noel's house, Beau stood on the lawn as Noel stood on the balcony, watching Beau.

I slowly approached the scene with slits for eyes as I watched Beau just stand there with his eyes shut, something didn't seem right and then I glanced back at my car to see Shelby literally leaning over the steering wheel to watch.

"Thank god, you're here. This fucking freak doesn't wanna get off my property." Noel spat down from the balcony looking down at me, I ignored him and then walked up to Beau, slowly, trying not to frighten him.

"Beau." I spoke but he didn't listen as he just stood there with his eyes shut. "Beau" I said again coming closer and then I slowly placed my hand onto his shoulder, but got no reaction, no response,