S.S 29

Felix's POV

Archer was supposed to be back; at least I thought he should have been back. He obviously thought he was okay gallivanting out there. After his threat I'd been too stunned to follow him. I thought he'd realize he wasn't safe out there and come back early but he didn't. He'd been out for 20 minutes, which for me was equivalent to a lifetime.

I sat nervously, waiting for him to open the door. I couldn't hope for him to not be angry, that was asking for too much. I needed him close, the rest didn't matter.

Before he stormed out he'd said, "I am not angry at you for this you idiot". I was stupefied. What else could he be angry at me for? It was a sign I had to leave. I made him angry, and all I wanted was to make him happy and safe.

I sighed as I retrieved my phone from where I'd put it on the couch. I was about to look at Archer's location icon when the door opened. I looked up in anticipation only to be greeted by Alex's form.

"Hi Felix", he said.

"Hi", I said turning my eyes back to my phone. The disappointment was there in my voice.

"Is Archer here?"

"No, he went out", I replied quietly. Archer's location was loading.

"Oh. Damian is looking for him. I think they went out a couple of days ago", he said.

"What the fuck does he want?!" I growled. I may have come off as aggressive. In retrospect I think I could have handled the whole thing better, otherwise Alex wouldn't have stared at me with eyes the size of beach balls.

"Um...I don't... know and I did... not ask" Alex stumbled on his words. "He's on his way here".

"Well Archer is not here", I said softly.

"Um...I'm gonna go to my room", he said. I think he stumbled over his own feet too.

I watched him leave, wondering what he was thinking about my outburst. I would hate to have given my feelings away, but I obviously had lost my ability to contain things. I was experiencing new emotions and I didn't know how to deal with them.

My eyes returned to my phone only to be interrupted by a knock on the door. I didn't hope it was Archer this time. He wouldn't knock. The thought of it being Damian had my stomach in a knot and my heart rate picking up.

I stood up and went to the door just as I saw Alex leave his room. I opened. Damian was standing there looking like the devil's reincarnation that he was. And that's just me saying he looked okay and too self-assured.

"Hi. I'm Damian. You must be Alex's cousin. We met the other day", he said enthusiastically.

Now, Alex wasn't just a scaredy-cat, he happened to be a nosy curious one too. He literally was standing behind me. I didn't miss the confused "Uh?" he gave.

"What can I help you with?" I asked, knowing the answer very well.

"Is Archer here? I've been trying to call him but his phone is on voicemail", he said.

"That should be a sign", I said curtly.

"That his phone is off?" he said uncertainly. He obviously thought I was talking bullshit.

"Yeah, sure, that. Why not?" I said. I almost rolled my eyes.

"Um, can you tell him I was here?" he asked nervously. He wasn't a self-assured son of Satan after all. I'd say he was the devil, but that'd just be giving him too much power- which I obviously though he had because I was suddenly being petty.