harry

"mom!" i yelled as i ran behind the building calling her name out.

I heard someone rush over to me, i got prepared to swing at them when i smelled the familiar scent of her perfume. "harry! where's everyone? what's happening? i heard a gunshot and--" I could hear her scared voice.

"mom they're dead." i hugged her slightly keeping my eyes open for anyone out there. "we have to go! these men are after us and they're armed."

she shook her head. "oh harry--I'm so sorry." She lightly sobs.

i hushed her. "mom, this isn't your fault." I kissed the top of her head, leading her towards the corner of the building.

looking over my shoulder, i saw the men surrounding our car. "what's happening, harry?"

"do you have the keys mom?" she shook her head. "you wait here while i go get them--wait for me behind the dumpster. i'll come back for you." she nods as she ran off in the darkness.

quickly making a run for it up the stairs and into the room, i searched through my moms purse looking for the keys. I quickly placed them in my pocket then i heard a scream for downstairs. mom. my heart beats fast as i ran out the door as quickly a i could. when I reached the bottom of the stairs, i found a group of men circling my mother, her face swelled with tears and fear. we made eye contact and she mouthed the word. "go."

i shook my head walking towards the group when my mom yelled out the words that still ring in my ear to this day. "just go, harry!" all the men turn around in my direction, guns in their hands.

making a run to the car, i turned the engine on. taking one last glance at my mother. she sends me a weak smile before mouthing the words. "i love you."

the men shoot her.