mab

it's been an hour and i'm still cold.

i can hear harry move around below me. he hasn't came to visit me yet which makes me happy. but his clothes are baggy on me and i tripped on the ends of the sweats. no matter how covered i am with the clothes and blankets, it's freezing. you have to go downstairs, mab. but i don't want to be near him! i'm trying to avoid him, not make contact! it's no use; my body is shivering to death and my head hurts like hell.

getting on all fours, i make my way out of the room to the top of the stairs where i see the fireplace on my right and harry's legs hanging from the couch to my left. i'm debating on whether to call for his help, but the idea of him touching me isn't something that i want. trying my best, i make my way down the stairs, cautious of not falling. "mab?" i see harry with his eyes closed on the couch. it's almost as if he felt my presence.

i groan at the pain from my head. "god." i place a hand on my head, sitting up on the floor against the couch.

"are you alright?" harry leans close to me, examining my face. "does your head hurt?" i simply nod, avoiding eye contact. he gets up from the couch. "here, lay down near the fire. i'll bring you some pills to take."

i don't hesitate to lay down. when he comes back with the pills in his hand and a glass of water, i take them gladly placing them in my mouth. harry sits beside me, watching me closely. drinking the last of the water, i look up at him waiting for him to say something. but he just stares at me--okay what now? his hand comes up to my face, placing it on my cheek. i gulp loudly. "h-harry?" my voice breaks a little. he doesn't do anything but brushes his thumb against my cheek. i look up at his eyes, they meet for the first time. "harry!" he moves his hand away from my face.

"sorry, i got carried away." he mumbles.

i look around the room stopping at a picture on the wall. "who are they?" i ask, pointing at the picture.

harry looks up but winces when he sees what i'm pointing at. "they were my family."