Then a teenagers room.

I rubbed my hands over the window ledge and rubbed the dust between my fingers. I spotted a hand of paint I made in Kindergarten and picked it up putting it between my side and under my arm.

Looking down at the ground I found what I came here for. My mothers picture.

Picking it up I scrubbed it clean with the end of my sweater and smiled at her smiling face.

My mother, Julissa died giving birth to me. I don't remember seeing her face or what she smelled like.

It's like my father gave birth to me.

He's the first person I saw when I opened my eyes.

My father was Chinese.

My mother was black and white.

So I came out a nice mixture. I still consider myself black because my color is what gives it off.

I kissed the picture and walked out of my room sparing a look at it one last time before turning away with tears building up in my eyes. I closed the door and wiped my tears hearing my dad beep the horn of his Benz.

I looked at the house one more time and closed the front door stepping down the porch and towards the car.

I waved at Sidney who sat in his driveway talking to his boys.

"Bye King!" He winked.

"Later Sid." I put up the piece sign and ducked my head into the car laying my head on the window not wanting to look at the house anymore.

I felt a warm hand on my knee and a pat.

"Remember King. I did this for us."

I nodded and didn't look at him. I was afraid if I did I was going to cry.

I heard him sigh and he sped off down the road.

My head slid down the window and I cried silently.

Felt like someone was beating my heart with a metal bat. My chest was tightening up.

"Wake up baby, we're here." I opened my eyes halfway and squinted at the sun light.

I sat up and looked around. My head peeking out of the let down windows. I couldn't lie. It was nice.

Really nice.

I got out of the car and looked at the house. It was big. Huge. Not meant for two people to be staying in.

"Why is the house so big, dad?" I questioned him.

He opened up the back of the U Haul and shrugged his shoulders.

"Just in case I meet someone. I'm still young honey."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. I didn't know my mother but I felt a connection. Wherever she was, I felt it. It felt wrong for him to be with someone else.

"You still love her?" I asked this question almost everyday.

He frowned. "Of course. I think about her everyday."

"Okay." I nodded.

"Now come on."

I grabbed a box and walked up the stairs to the front doors. The man who was driving the U Haul opened it up for me and I walked in smelling, new.

I loved that smell.

I looked down at the tile that lead to the staircase on both sides of the house. The house was even bigger inside.

"That goes in the kitchen." My fathers voice invaded my thoughts.

I nodded and followed him to the kitchen area.

"Wow." I breathed out.

"Big huh?"

"Mhm." I said, sitting the box down on the counter.

"You can go pick out a room upstairs. Me and the guys will get the rest of the boxes. I'll be gone to work later so you can unpack them."

"Okay." He kissed my forehead and walked out leaving me to my lonesome.

I walked to the window and peeked out seeing a boy across the street throwing a basketball in the air.

He was toned.

Fine.

Not the average type dude. His fade, with curls sprouting out the top of his head.

His skin was a medium brown, lips so juicy looked like he been licking them all damn day.

I zoned in to his abs that we're on full display. I looked all the way down to his feet and by the time I made it to his eyes, his we're already on me.

My eyes widened and I hurriedly closed the blinds.

I backed up and looked down before gaining some courage and peeking back out slowly.

To my surprise he was already making his way towards the house in a confident stride.

"Shit." He's probably coming over here to address me on why I was staring.

"Honey!" My father yelled from outside.

I rolled my eyes and straightened out my white t shirt I was sporting.

Let me go take this L.