Gab joined me at the table and we slowly ate our way to breakfast. It was so sweet of her to do this, not to mention this cute heart-shaped pancake.

"Gab, the pancakes looks so cute. I don't even want to touch them"

She let out a laugh while shaking her head.

"Lexi, they're meant to be eaten"

"Yeah but it's so cute"

"Okay, I'll make another cute heart-shaped pancake tomorrow for you"

"Really?"

"Really, now go on and eat your breakfast"

"Gab"

I trailed off as Gab's gazed fixed on mine.

"Thank you. You just made my day"

Gab looked down on her plate smiling like a fool and if I'm not mistaken, she was blushing. Right she's hiding her reed cheeks from me, cute.

"You are always welcome"

+++++

It is John and Maria's 55th wedding Anniversary and everyone was dressed in white or pastel colors. White buntings were hanging above, and tables and chairs were scattered on the vast farmland. A wooden board was painted with J+M which served as a back draft where people can take picture with friends and their loved ones. Stack of hays covered in striped cloth were displayed on the sides and you can practically sit on it comfortably. On the side was a long table covered in white with food and booze. Maria and John's favorite songs were playing on the background and some enjoyed dancing to it.

The guests were mainly John and Maria's family members and close friends. Some of which are Mr. Ervy's employees that became close with John and Maria over time. The sun has just settled down giving a nice afternoon glow. Gab and I walked towards a table where Maria and John sits and they both stood to welcome us.

"Happy Anniversary you guys"

Gab hugged Maria and kissed her on the cheek then she hugged John afterwards. I also greeted the cute couple and we hugged each other.

"I'm so happy that you came Gab, Lexi"

"Of course, we wouldn't miss it for the world Maria"

"And I kinda miss your cooking so it's impossible to miss this one out"

"Haha Gab, there's a new horse over at the ranch, want to see her?"

"Nah, thanks John but Gab and horses isn't really a good idea"

"HAHAHA"

We all giggled with Gab's remark because the last time Gab tried to be near a horse, she ended up soaking in it's shit.

"Hey lovebirds"

We turned to see Isabelle with a huge smile on her face approaching us.

"Hi Isabelle" I giggled.

Gab just smiled weakly making Isabelle raise her eyebrows.

"Uhm, was this about last night when I called? I sure did interrupt something right?"

Isabelle was giggling while shaking her head.

"Gab!"

I elbowed her rib causing her to flinch. Then she smiled at Isabelle.

"Nah, I'm just kidding Izzy, but the next time you do it, it's unforgiveable"

"Ohhh"

Isabelle raised her hands mid air and mouthed "sorry"

We all laughed then Isabelle led us to a table while chatting her way through it.

"The food and booze is over there okay, I'll be back in a sec"

"Sure, we'll be fine"

Then she disappeared in the crowd leaving us alone. Gab would look at me and would smile instantly which made my knees weak and my stomach churn. I've never been this fascinated with someone and it feels so overwhelming. Just a smile from her is enough to send me to cloud nine.

The orange sky is slowly turning dark as the amber light bulbs hanging along the buntings started to glow. The mood at the farm was very chill and laid back and everyone just seemed to have a good time.

"Stop looking at me like that Gabby"

"Why not?"

"Because.. because..-"

"Because what Lexi haha?"

"Becase you're making me feel conscious about how I look"

"There's nothing to be conscious about. I mean look at you, I'm sure everyone in here envies me"

I couldn't help but smile with what Gab said. She never failed to compliment me and I hated how she makes my cheeks blush and that I can't even control it.

"Well well well"

Our conversation was interrupted when Joe stepped in. Gab and I were seated so we have to look up to him.

"So you're Gab, finally I get to meet you. My name is Joe"

He extended his hand and Gab reluctantly took it. I rolled my eyes because I know Joe is nothing but a mess. Joe and I grew up at the mansion since his dad was Mr. Ervy's chauffer before he retired. He is always bugging me and when we're high school he was always hitting on me, asking me on dates and the like, but he's just not my type so I always blow him off.

"Joe"

"Hi Lexi"

"Mind if I join you?"

I was going to tell him no and leave us alone because but Gab was quick to answer.

"Sure, take a seat"

I looked at Gab and she gave me a reassuring smile.

"Well I see why Lexi always blows me off growing up, because she likes girls in the first place"

"Joe!"

"What? And I couldn't blame you, because look at her. If I didn't know Gab is gay, I'd probably ask her out"

Gab just shook her head and smiled at Joe.

"You wouldn't do that because I won't let you, she's mine!" I snapped

"Woah, that was a joke Lexi, and I wouldn't even dare. 3 time champion in mixed martial arts and a black belter in taekwondo, I sure wouldn't mess with your girl Lexi"

My mouth hung open as I listened to Joe. Is it Gab she's talking about or maybe he was just mistaken.

"Geez, how did you know that Joe?" Gab asks looking all too confused.

"I had to look you up and I asked Jenkins about you, I had to know if Lexi is safe with you"

"Ah Joe" I uttered.

Joe looked at me and this is the first time he was serious.

"Look Lexi, I might be a pain in the ass and you may always see me as trouble but you are one of the people close to me and I consider you as my sister growing up. Of course I care for you, and I'm just glad that finally you found someone your match haha"

"And what do you exactly mean by that Joe Ignacio Rodriguez"

"Woah, chill Lexi. Haha Anyways, Gab, it was nice meeting you and I'll see you around. Have a good night you guys"

Then Joe disappeared leaving me and Gab dumbfounded. Gab found it surprising that Joe knew all of her accomplishments and I didn't even know that about her, which made me completely dumb looking as well. But hearing Joe say those things to me made my heart swell, because Joe has been nothing but a headache growing up. I just didn't know he looked at me like that and she cared for me as a sister and that was very nice and sweet of him.

"How come I didn't know all those Gabby? "

+++++

958@U