Chapter 17. Getting Sorted, Again.

Ally and I walked across the cold dark grounds of Hogwarts Castle, we where about a yard away from the main entrance when Ally stopped and put a hand on my arm telling me to stop as well. "What's wrong?" I asked her as I turned to her confused. "We can't go in there looking like this, we can't risk someone we know seeing us, remember we don't know what time we are in." She told me. "Okay, but how are we going to change what we look like?" I asked her with raised eyebrows. "Like this." She said with a smirk, then she scrunched her face all weird and all of the sudden Ally wasn't Ally- well she was, but she wasn't. Ally no longer looked like herself, she now had dark brown curly hair with a faint tint of red, light blue eyes, and she looked to be a bit taller then she had been. "Cool right?" She asked with a smile as she looked to her wand and began playing with it. "Yeah. Right, you're a Metamorpmagus, forgot about that. Okay, so you're taken care of but what about me? I'm not a Metamorpmagus so I can't change what I look like." I asked her as she played with the tip of her wand, she looked up at me and began bitting her bottom lip, thinking. "You're not?" She asked after a minute of her starring at me. "No." I said shaking my head. "I didn't realize, are you sure?" She asked. "Yes, pretty sure." I said nodding my head. "Have you ever tried?" She asked me. "Well, no. But would I have noticed if I could change what I looked like?" I asked. "Not always, I didn't realize I was a Metamorpmagus until I was 13. Try, think of what you want to look like, it doesn't have to be something far off of what you look like now, you just have to look a bit unlike yourself." She said as she stood back a bit. "Okay." I said and took a deep breath. I closed my eyes thought of what I wanted to look like, I felt all strange for a second then it passed.

I opened my eyes and Ally broke into a grin. "Congratulations, you're a Metamorpmagus Mary. Well done." She said with a proud smile. "How do I look?" I asked her. "She said and conjured a mirror and handed it to me. I head dark red wavy hair, light green eyes and some freckles across my cheeks and nose, other then that I looked like me. "Wow." I said astonished by what I could do. "And if you need to, you can change what you look like again." She told me. "Cool." I said. "I know!" She said grinning again. "Well, we should get going." She said and I nodded handing her back the mirror, she waved her wand at it and it vanished. "Alright, let's go." She said and with that, we began our journey across the grounds once more.

          ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ally and I push the huge oak doors open enough for us to fit through, then we closed them and turned to see the hall way leading to the great hall. We continued to walk to the great hall, we rounded a corner and came to a stop as we came face to face with a professor. "And what, do you two think you doing?" She asked with her eyebrows up. "Um, we um, ummmmm, we got lost?" I said more like a question. "Lost? Lost? Oh really, you just so happened to wander into school grounds and all you have to say is that you are lost? How about you two tell me who you are?" She said sternly. "Yes. And my name is Lily Jefferson, this is my older sister Alexandria. You see professor, our mother and father sent us here in hopes of us leaning to control our magic better, before this we were homeschooled as the town we live in is highly populated with Muggle's. Our mother sent a letter to ask permission for us to study here and we were told that we had been excepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I'm so sorry for our being late." I said, the lie rolling off the tip of my tongue. I had added the last part as an after thought, hey it doesn't hurt to kiss up does it?

"Well, miss Jefferson, is it a pleasure to meet you. I am Professor Ravenclaw. I do not remember getting any letter, but I am happy to have you both join us here at Hogwarts once you show me a sign of magic. So, what do you know? Can you make a feather flout?" Professor Ravenclaw asked. Oh My Merlin, I'm standing in front of the founder of Ravenclaw house! She's standing in front of me! Rowena Ravenclaw is just a few feet away from me!! I think I might faint. "Yes." I said as calmly as I could and pulled out my wand, Professor Ravenclaw waved her wand and two feathers fell into her left hand, she placed one on the floor in front of me and stepped back, as did Ally. "Wingardium Leviosa." I said clearly with a swish of my wand, the feather lifted up of the ground and hovered a moment, then it flouted back down. "Very good. Now, Alexandria, your turn." Said Professor Ravenclaw as she put the second feather down in front of Ally. "Wingardium Leviosa." Ally said clearly, the feather did what mine did and Professor Ravenclaw spoke, "good, you both know magic, that is very good. Now, if you would follow me, we should make it to the Great Hall before the sorting ceremony begins." And she turned and began to lead us to the Great Hall. "How old are you two?" She asked over her shoulder as we walked. "I'm 15 almost 16 and Lily is 14 almost 15." Ally replied. "You will be going into your 5th year then Alexandria, and Lily will be going into her 4th." She told us. "Thank you Professor. And you can call me Ally." Ally told her. "You're welcome Miss Jefferson. And I do not think so, Alexandria is a perfectly fine name and I intend to use it." Professor Ravenclaw said. "Alright." Ally sighed. She knew there was no use in arguing with a Headmistress. "Here we are, you may go and stand there and wait for your names to be called." She told us as we came to the doors leading to the Great Hall. "Thank you Professor." We said at the same time. "You're very welcome." She said with a small smile and with that she went into the Great Hall and went to take her seat at the head table. Ally and I joined the line that had been formed of first years, we were at the back of line, lovely.