b o n u s c h a p t e r # 2

[ Bullied for Being Princess ]
[ I don't know why I chose that gif, but its cute and it includes a mother and daughter so, blah ]

The offspring of England's rulers were sheltered with kindness from individuals they did not know. Adults would share compliments with them for their parents, addressing how the country had transitioned to an open, welcoming community. Often times, they did not find these comments to be hindering of their attitude; they appreciated the commendations and showered their parents with the kind and flattering remarks whenever they returned home.

However, one of the eldest daughters received more harm than good. Ryan, and her quiet personality, became the target of verbal abuse from fellow students in her fifth grade class. She wanted to ignore the harsh and criticizing words, but they hit her roughly like bullets to her will to fight against them. Her twin sister, Riley, attracted friends and high regards from her teachers as she was heading in the right direction to follow in her parents' footsteps. Ignoring the clear and prominent fact that she was the youngest between the two.

Ryan could not avoid being taunted by children about being the highest title within the school. They teased her because her mixed DNA, and ridiculed her interracial parents for breaking societal boundaries. She would reply with subtle and soft retorts, but the aftermath did not result in a fair battle. The poor child was pressured into a dark corner, afraid to eat lunch with the others in fear of being harshly spat against. Without a dear friend to call her own, strong enough to stand with her.

The school's librarian, Alice Grant, was a concerned mother of two who felt an odd and strange ambience from Ryan. She noticed her slouched entry through the double doors, scrunched facial expression, and books clinging to her knitted sweater. Ryan would sit in the back of the library after searching for one or two books from the fictional shelf. Alice grew terribly troubled at her sadness, and lent an ear to the princess.

"Is there something wrong, Ryan?" She asked to the noiseless fifth grader who couldn't stop fiddling with the loose stitch of her sweater's sleeve. "I notice that your mood has changed drastically."

Ryan was unsure if she could share such an hidden, broken piece of herself to a stranger, but she would rather tell someone instead of allowing it to drown her in self misery. Her curl strands twisted and coiled between her two fingers as her lips pressed together uneasily. "Everyone in my class makes fun of me for being the next in line. Even though my parents are far from being done with their jobs," She quietly replied, less frightened of Alice.

"Well, there are always times where people feel intimidated by both your parents and you, but it is up to you to fight through it." Alice patted her petite back, offering a gentle simper as support. "Have you spoken to your parents about the situation?"

"N-No, not yet. I don't want to worry them. Or my sister," Ryan said to her, thinking of how her family would react. "They will be really sad."

"Why don't you talk to them anyway? I think they would not want their daughter being alone like this."

The teenager squished the carpet fibers against her boots, extending her arms and scrunching the muscles of her face. Her eyes wandered to different locations of the library, thinking of all the possible scenarios that could happen with her diligent parents passionate about their children. Her mother would be her listening ear as she has been with every single one of her children. Her father, however, would not be so forgiving of both the employees and the parents that have raised such disrespectful offspring. But, Alice was right.