c h i l l e d e s c a p e

a/n: surprise update! hope you all enjoy this chapter as much as i enjoyed writing it. please vote and comment all your thoughts, my loves. i enjoy writing in third person so i think it'll be that way for a while, yeah? above is their new hairstyles. happy reading, dani xo

c h a p t e r t w e n t y s i x

"Mommy, mommy!" The pattering of small, unstable wobbling trailed into the marble kitchen floor, approaching to circle their arms around her calf in a warm greeting. Her hazelnut afro of tight, matted curls flopped around messily often, charming her parents with delight. "Daddy says hello!"

"Why can't daddy say that on his own?" The mother lowered to her daughter's level, fingers tucking a strand of curls behind her light, ebony skin. Her jade eyes, much like her father's, stared into her mother's with nothing but happiness to coward inside of her soul.

"Because he says he wants me to. He says I'm cuter," The daughter replied, slapping her tiny palms to her mother's cheeks in joy.

"I wouldn't beg to differ," The familiar raspy undertone of his Cheshire accent funneled into the room to echo off the wallpaper that they all disliked at a large capacity. His lean figure, clothed in a loose sweater decorated in reindeers, sauntered into the area to view his loving wife and first daughter. "How are my girls doing?"

"Mommy is almost done the gingerbread so we can build the house!" The daughter clapped in excitement as her small body was scooped up into the arms of her father. She looped her shortened tricep around his neck, delivering a large amount of kisses to his cheeks.

"Is she now?" He cooed, accepting every gesture of love his daughter provided. When she halted, his eyelids parted to view his wife simpering from cheek to cheek. "Hello, my wife."

"Hello, my husband," The mother replied, snickering behind her fingers. Her ears perked up at the hushed but muffled sounds that were received from the baby monitor. "Oh, no..looks like someone is about to wake." Her palms cupped the device, blinking as she listened steadily.

"I'll check up on him," The father proposed, bouncing his daughter on his hip. "You just finish up. Remember, no stress." He lowered his lips to peck at his wife's, lowering her nerves.

His palm reached out to her poking belly of six months to caress the surface. "No stress." He reminded her, hearing their unsettled son burst into tears through the speaker. "Oliver, Daddy and Ryan to the rescue!" The father lifted his daughter to the air to model after an airplane soaring above the clouds. She constructed her usual soundtrack of noises to fill the halls as they came to the rescue of the five month old baby boy.

The mother returned to her duties of cutting the needed pieces of their family project that was a tradition every Christmas since Ryan was born. Her palm glazed over her belly, humming a tune that she always carved into her daily activities.

She was content with her-

"...just say yes. You'll be my firefly..."

Her limbs were wrapped messily through the satin sheets of her mattress, engrossed in her blissful dream that was too real to end. At the sound of her ringtone, her frame tossed and turned aimlessly with groans leaving the parting of her lips.

"...take everything but nothing at all..just say yes..."

Without a sense of direction, she stretched her palm to the side table slapping down at the device that lit up her bedroom. She didn't bother to look at the caller ID; the person on the other end must have a brilliant idea or crisis for calling her.