c l o s e d c a n d l e l i g h t

a/n: the chapters are soon coming to a close! about five or six more to go. hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it. possibly third person for this chapter as well? i really like writing in third person. anyway, thank you for reading and i hope you vote and comment your thoughts. happy reading, dani

warning: this chapter may be too sensitive for younger readers. viewer discretion is advised.

c h a p t e r t w e n t y s e v e n

A casual orchestrated tune in the surround speakers to provide a stimulating response from the customers wielding inside. A muffled cluster of voices within, hearing no person over the other. Comfortable, suede couches and chairs assorted about, bodies seated while tea cups and wrappers occupied the tables.

Dim lights irradiate her deep rich complexion, complemented by the earthy tones she chose to 'throw together' as she would say. He didn't believe her; she must understand how defined and detailed the outfit decorating her figure is. She must know. The sweater material drowning her in the soft fabric, sleeves aligning with the center of her palm. The rings, much like he wore, screw onto her fingers established her sense of authentic fashion which he adored.

Her crimson lips parting with conversation to their new friend, Charley, who decided to join them on their full day of adventure within Lugano, a city on the outskirts of Switzerland. He attempted to pay attention to the topic between the two friends, but he failed miserably. His concentration had settled to observing Vegas with admiration and obsession in his jade orbs. She allowed his arm to drape her shoulders as they parked themselves on the couch while she restricted him from gaining his own ideas.

She didn't mind at first; his stubby digits crawling across the washed out material of her jeans in a playful manner. They lingered there subtly until his palm gazed over her thigh with his full-on intentions pouring through. Telepathically as they usually spoke without words.

Her fingers pinched at the lack of fat around his hand, his wincing starting his bitterly tense eyebrows to contract together. He craved to alert her of the abuse, but he withdrew moments later to return in his surveillance of her

"And I can't believe he actually tried to do that," Charley's digits lifted her Jasmine-influenced tea, sipping the warmed liquid to her throat. Her expression housed anger, eyebrows forming a straight line.

"Me either. Boys are so stupid," Vegas' response startled Harry enough to clear his throat.

"Um, excuse me," Harry interjected, once firm eyebrows loosening with amusement at their generalization.

"Boys," She began, rotating her upper half to face his confused expression, "Not men." The pad of her fingertips brushed to his jawline, sending him to convulse under her touch. Her voice radiated shock and awe within, hands cowardly resting on his lap.

Charley watched the couple flirt aimlessly as if she wasn't there, noticing how addicted they were on each other. She had taken Vegas to be a reserved individual, not participating in public displays of affection but when she was with her beloved, there were no restraints. 

"You guys are adorable," Charley complimented them, retracting their contact from one another that had nearly connected in a kiss. "Where did you two meet?"

"It's a long story," Harry admitted, his patient lips falling to press against Vegas' forehead as his nose inhaled her sweet, dyed locks. "But, I think it's worth telling."