t o u c h e s o v e r t e a

a/n: above is what piper looks like for those who didn't see her name in the cast list. she was previously on America's Top Model, and she's so gorgeous. one of my close friends came up with her character, so kudos to her! :) happy reading - dani xo

c h a p t e r e i g h t

h a r r y ' s p o v

I have never felt so empty in my life.

Vegas could not bare to look at me, even after I've pleaded for a opportunity to explain my wrongdoings. I did not discover Annalise's terrible actions towards Vegas until skimming through the text message conversation that we had a few nights a week. For the days I couldn't see her, because of my pressuring duties.

Annalise, being the despicable person she is, devised the plan to remove Vegas' impact on my decisions. Unlike myself, she is pleased to wed, gaining bragging rights for marrying someone that is second in line for the throne of England.

There is a small chance that I could become ruler, but I wouldn't count on such a probability.

My head slouched over on the bench outside of Horan Publications, the pressure of my elbows because of the weight pierced an agonizing sensation. This was nothing compared to how Vegas' reaction and denial surged through my memory.

The bitter chill could be coped with because of my wool jacket, but none of this concerned me.

I fiddled with the faux fur on the sleeves, my eyes finally lifting from the flat, dull concrete of the bustling streets of East London. The scattered figures strutted down the pavement, the vision of the other side constantly cut off.

There must be some way that I can get in contact with Vegas; I would like to know what has caused her so much hatred to pulse through her veins, and ignore me enough to shove me from the office.

I was fixed on the idea of handling the idea myself, but a certain name popped into my head.

Piper..she could help..

The perky, book worm from the bookstore who provides excellent advice could determine what I should do next. I'm sure that I have misplaced the telephone number she gave me, so heading to the bookstore was my only hope at this point in time.

My steps paced down the sidewalk, hands stuffed inside my jacket to reduce the threat of frostbite. I maneuver in and out of the crowds of people during the rush hours, until the sign that read Foyle's was in full view.

Similar to the previous time I was inside, the heating warmed you up almost immediately, the cold oxygen emptying from your lungs disappears.

I traveled across the wooden floor, the aisles and layers of different book types were stacked, reaching the exact spot where Piper was last seen by Vegas and I.

Luckily, she was still there, her hands flipping through the pages of a rather huge novel, assuming to find the spot she was in.

I approached the table, not sparing a thought. My bum landed in the empty seat in front, hands quilting themselves while I hoped she would lift her eyes and catch a glimpse of me, waiting.

Once she did, her digits tugged at her headphones, her gleam of surprise with a mixture of happiness sprinkling under the dim light of the bookstore.

"Hello stranger," She greeted, her eyelashes flickering until she noticed my lack of emotion. "What's wrong?"

"Vegas..she's not talking to me.." Piper shifted her things aside almost automatically.

"Start from the beginning."