a n g r y t i d e s

a/n: hello! this chapter will be enjoyable hopefully, yeah? above, the characters' outfits are planted. please enjoy! happy reading, dani xo

c h a p t e r t w e n t y o n e

London's mystical weather could not be more startling. In the dead of the brutal winter month, December, snow has threatened to fall. The weather forecast calls for an actual snowstorm, and I don't know if I'm mentally prepared for the chilling cold. Luca advises me to cloth myself in the warmest linens, but with all my dirty clothes in the hamper, I beg to differ his problematic proposal.

"Babe, you are wearing a dress," Luca pointed out, his mouth digging into the material of his knitted cerise scarf that was knotted around his neck. He has been bullying me about the sound of my shattering teeth, and the continuous shivering of my limbs.

"The dress is cute. You said it was," I whined, angling my head to view his figure as we strolled down the pavement. "Were you lying?"

"Of course not," Luca denied, frantically shaking his head, "I just don't want you to be cold is all."

"If we hurry inside, I won't be cold for long." His mouth stretched to form a simper, a coy and smug expression as his hands reached to open the door to the Castle Street Café, a refined but modernized eatery.

Luca pointed out a table for us to settle in, encouraging me to slide into the booth section of the area. I slithered off my jacket, hands perched on the top of the wooden flat surface.

"You want the usual?" Luca questioned, his hands resting on the bridge of his chair. He towered over, smile so delicately placed on his face.

"Yeah, but this time, strawberry scone instead of blueberry," I added, holding my index finger to the air to shake. "They are in season hopefully."

"Alright, I'll be right back babe." He vacated himself from the table, traipsing to the counter.

I lowered my sight from him, orbs roaming around the perimeter of the café. Thoughts floating as the pit of my chin rested upon the space that covered the back of my palm. Individuals speeding or pounding down the concrete, concerned with their own agenda and schedules to be fulfilled caught my attention vaguely.

The café near Horan Publications was never this busy nor were the streets surrounding it. I've always thought that people on the upper side of London have accustomed themselves to the finer things in life rather than the simplicity it brings on the daily basis.

After the encounter with my near death allergic reaction, Ashton forced me to avoid it at all costs even if she was employed as manager. I didn't protest much; the pure humiliation that day brought was reason enough to flea.

Luca was okay with the switch. He even referred a perfectly acceptable place like this one.

Since his public statement about our relation, I haven't had much thought about him.

There are occasional moments in my hectic work schedule that I dwell on what could of been, but those factious possibilities fade to oblivion. My mind becomes occupied with Luca, and how breathtaking he has made me feel over these three weeks. I should not concern myself of the past, but only the present.

"Babe, what are you looking at?"

I blinked at a rapid speed to remove myself from the trance, and tunnel my attention to my boyfriend who is casually observing my actions.

"Uh, sorry. I was lost in the clouds," I giggled, eyes locating the designated scone for myself. The scone was warm, freshly baked from what I can smell. The aroma was rich, causing my hands to slide it closer into my possession.