27: I Care... [Markiplier]

You stood on the edge of the bridge. Dark water frothed below and lights glittered on the fading sky line, stars twinkling above. Your jacket was discarded to the side, forgotten. Cold air and rain attacked your skin, but you didn't care. You were numb. You couldn't do it anymore. You held your arms out and closed your eyes, sucking in one final breath.

It seemed everything you touched broke. That every time you tried to do good, you ended up fucking up. Your parents had kicked you out of their house saying they never wanted to see you again and you were suffering through college. You never dropped hints you were struggling, though, wanting to stay strong. You didn't need help and you didn't want people to worry. With YouTube, you had started a fan base that you loved and cared about but, soon that was turning to shit.

You were a disappointment. No one loved you anymore. You let this thought echo through your head, your depression taking over. All you had to do was jump. Jump and it would be over. You built up the courage, lean forward and--

"(Y/N)!" That voice. You recognized that voice. It was desperate and frantic. You open puffy (E/C) eyes and look over your shoulder, wet hair sticking to your icy skin. Mark. Mark was rushing towards you, his car pulled off to the side of the road. "(Y/N), PLEASE! PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!"

Your arms fall to your side, your eyes beginning to water again. Then you saw two other figures move from the car and rush towards you. "(Y/N)," Mark reached his arms out to you, his voice breaking. He sounded scared, like he was worried about losing you. "Sweetie, please. Don't do this. Just, come with us."

As he said that, Matt and Ryan came into your view, both of them hugging themselves against the cold. "(Y/N), we care too much. We don't want to lose you, too." Matt called out. "B-But..." Your throat was tight and you found it hard to speak. "I disappoint everyone I love and care about! I can't do it!" Mark looked heartbroken.

"(Y/N), you aren't a disappointment to anyone! You have so many people who think you're a beautiful and lovely girl. You're so kind and caring. You put so many people before yourself and now it's our turn. We want to help you! Just, come to me!" Mark pleaded.

Ryan choked out a tiny sob. "Please, (Y/N)!" You looked back down at the water. You suddenly felt guilty and sick. You turned back to them and held your arms out, crying loudly. Mark moved towards you, gently pulling you over the railing and holding your wet and shaking form tightly against his chest. You grip onto his rain jacket, sobbing.

Two other sets of arms wrapped around you, squeezing you into a group hug. "We care about you so much, (Y/N)." Matt mumbled, kissing the top of your head. "We're always here for you." Ryan continued. You shook, weather it be from the cold or the sudden realization on what you were about to do, you didn't know, but you were weak.

"C'mon," Mark mumbled, looking down at you, his nose pink tipped and lips quivering. He was trying so hard not to cry. "You can stay with us for a little bit, okay?" You nod. Mark led you to the car, Matt and Ryan following behind him. He carefully helped you into the back, Ryan sliding in next to you.

"Here," Mark took off his rain jacket after he got you in, draping it over your shoulders. You imminently bury into his jacket, still shaking. Ryan gently pulled you into his side, lightly rubbing your back. "It's okay. Sh, it's okay." Mark kept looking back at you both in the rear view mirror, eyebrows knit in concern.

When you arrived at the guys' house, Ryan and Matt helped you inside while Mark dashed upstairs to get you warm and dry clothes. He soon came back and showed you to a bathroom so you could change. You didn't care that the clothes were too big- his flannel hanging off your shoulder and his shorts hanging off your hips- you hugged yourself, soothed by his scent clinging to the clothing.