25: Soulmate [Markiplier]

In a world where people lived with two eye colors, the left eye matching the right eye of their soulmate, it seemed everyone you knew had already found their soulmate. Except you...

You were always the loner; It started in grade school and always followed you through collage. People around you were so happy, and yet you were just bitter and depressed. You just buried your life in your YouTube channel.

You wake one morning, the sun outside forcing it's way through your bedroom curtains. You whine softly, but soon give up trying to go back to sleep. You stand and stretch, yawning and ruffling your hair, blinking past your sleepiness.

You wandered in to the bathroom, looking in the mirror. You glare at yourself, your left eye a rich, mocha brown while your right eye was an electric mint green ((A/N: Sh, just go with it)). No one had that color combination. Or at least that you knew of. You sigh and climb in to the shower, singing softly as you scrub down.

You climb out, changing into a pair of jeans and a loose fitted sweater, tying your hair up into a messy bun as you pull your shoes on. You decided to get out and get some air. No point being cooped up in your apartment all day, after all. You slid out of your comfortable home, humming softly as you moved down the street.

The cafe was always your favorite place to go, the atmosphere comfy and the food and coffee were decent enough. You always sat near the window, easily tucked away from the sight of others while giving you a clear view to the outside world.

You walked in to the sweet smelling shop, smiling as you managed to pick out the scent of the (light/dark) roast you loved so much. You moved to the counter and ordered coffee and a simple sandwich. You waited patiently for your order before heading back to your table. That was, until, as you gave your phone a quick glance, you ran square in to someone.

You fell back with an 'oof', your sandwich falling apart as soon as it hit the tiled floor and your coffee busting and splashing over your chest and the stranger's ankles. Imminently, there was a man crouching down in front of you. "Oh my God, miss! Are you okay?" This man you had never met began fussing over you, trying to clean up a mess he really didn't even create.

"Yeah, I'm fine." You mumble, fanning yourself to try and cool the hot drink absorbing in to the soft wool of your sweater. "Oh, I am so sorry. That was my fault!" The man continued to apologize. You had to admit, his voice was nice to listen to, soothing and deep, but strangely familiar. And it was cute how flustered he was getting over the accident.

You laugh softly and gently place a hand on his wrist to stop his frantic cleaning. "Mister, I'm fine, it was just--" He looked up and immediately you fall silent. His eyes...His eyes were the same electric mint and mocha brown as yours, just reversed- his left eye being mint green while his right eye was mocha brown.

He gazed at you, his eyes twinkling. Red floof tumbled into his face, his glasses slightly falling down his nose. Now you knew where you recognized the voice. The man you had run into was the Heartthrob of YouTube, Mark Fischbach, AKA Markiplier. "Oh, wait, aren't you (YT/N)?" He asked curiously, his eyes never leaving yours.

You nod, flushing slightly as you pull your hand away from his wirst. "Hey, Mark." You mumble, immediately becoming shy. He chuckled. "Hey. Your name is (Y/N), right?" You nod, surprised he knew anything about you. While you had a fanbase of over three million subscribers, your channel was pretty low key compared to his.

"Well, it's nice to meet you!" He smiled happily, then looked back to the mess. "Here, let me buy you another lunch. All of it on me." You laughed and shake your head. "Mark, it's really okay. Don't worry."
"I insist. Please?" You sigh and shake your head. "Alright, alright." He stood, holding out a hand to help you up.

You blush and take his hand, smiling and nodding. "Thanks." He chuckled. "No problem." He pulled you to your feet, frowning at the coffee stains on your sweater. "Your sweater, it's all stained up now." You look down, frowning yourself. "S'fine. I have tons more." Mark shook his head, telling you to head back to a table while he went up front to re-order.

He came back a few minutes later with another coffee and sandwich, balancing two another cups in his hand. He set the food and drink in front of you with a smile before taking one cup and a napkin, pouring ice from the cup out in to it. He moved over to you, pressing the napkin folds together in his hand to melt the ice to water. "May I?" He asked, indicating to your sweater.

You nod, blushing slightly. "Yeah, sure." He carefully took the sweater in his hand, lightly dabbing at the stains on the soft yarn. You can't help but watch him. You had seen a few of his videos before, but you never noticed his eyes. The color combination...was it even possible? Did you even have a shot with this man?

When Mark was done, the stains were gone. "There ya go. I've spilled enough coffee on myself to know how to fix that." He chuckled. You giggled softly. "Thanks." He nodded. "Mhm." He then took the seat from across you, smiling as he took another cup, sipping from it.

"So, (Y/N), how are you?" You had started nibbling on the sandwich, humming softly. "Good, good. Just working a lot."
"Ah, I know how you feel." He chuckled, shaking his head. You two chatted softly. Minuets turned in to hours until finally it was late afternoon. Mark glanced down at his watch and sighed. "Well, I better head back. I left Matt and Ryan at home by themselves."

You laugh softly and shake your head. "Oh no. Well, for your sake I hope the place is still in one peice."
"Yeah, me too." He laughed and stood. "It was nice to meet you, (Y/N)."
"You too, Mark." He turned to leave before looking back at you. "Hey, would you maybe like to go out and get dinner sometime?" You blush heavily and nod. "Sure. I'd love to."

He nodded and pulled out a pen from his pocket and took a napkin, scribbling something down before handing it to you. "See ya, (Y/N)." And with a wave, he was gone. You took the napkin and laughed. His number followed by 'Call me :)' was written on it. You fold the napkin and slipped it into your pocket, humming happily. Maybe you had managed to find your soulmate.