17: Militant [Markiplier]

|Alternative Universe: Mark doesn't have a YouTube channel but instead went into the military|

Mark looked over the training feild he shared with the other militants. He couldn't say they were his friends outside the field, but he would easily take a bullet for any of them. That morning he was watching the women as they trained, and damn were they good. Fast, agile, strong...but one kept his eye all morning.

One of the commanders, with her (H/C) hair tied into a lose ponytail with pieces framing her face, had stunned him. Her (E/C) eyes shone with determination and strength as she ran her usual morning run. When she was done, she stopped near him, drying her face and chest with a towel, the heat of the day already starting to coat the skin of anyone in a thin sheet.

She looked over at him, smiling. "Oh, hey...um, wait, you are?"
"Sargent General Mark Fischbach, ma'am." She nodded and held her hand out, which he took and shook. Her hands were so tiny compared to his. "Nice to meet you, Sargent General Fischbach, I'm Commander (Y/L/N). Are you new to our unit, because I don't really recognize you." He nodded, fixing his glasses and running a hand over his crew cut hair.

"Yes ma'am, they transfered my unit yesterday evening when everyone had turned in." She nodded, fixing her hair and letting her eyes scan over the newcomer. He had raven hair, bright brown eyes, adorable scruff and he was extremely fit. "Well, on the off bases you might be staying a bit this morning, instead of staring," She smirked devilishly, a glimmer in her eyes, "How about you train with me, put those muscles to the test?"

He laughed. "Whatever you say, ma'am." She winked and took off running down the feild. "Try to keep up!" She yelled back to him in a teasing tone.

And that's how the two became friends. They kept each other in close proximity, enjoying the company. That was until (Y/N) was restationed. The message came in early one morning while she and Mark were out for their morning jog, Commander Remus stopping them. Immidenlty both of them snapped to attention, shoulders back. "Good morning, sir!"

They said in unison and Remus nodded. "Good morning Commander and Sargent General. At ease." Both relaxed, (Y/N) letting her hands slide to her short pockets while Mark patted his forehead dry with a towel. "How can we assist you, General?" (Y/N) asked, tilting her head to the side, her small, tanned stomach exposed to the rapidly increasing heat of the day as the sun rose.

"Well, we have some bad news, Commander. One of our fleets have been bombarded, and we need your help. You will be reassigned tonight to a base off of Iran, leaving you and your company to fight." Her eyes widened. "S-sir?" She squeaked. He looked between the two, looking grim. "You heard me, Commander. We move your company in a few hours." He saluted them both, which they returned.

As he walked away, Mark looked over at (Y/N), and for once saw an emotion he didn't recognize in her normally bright eyes. Fear. He turned to her and put his hands on her shoulders. "(Y/N), what's wrong?" She only stared blankly at the General's back as he started to disappear. Then she looked up at Mark.

"My dad died in Iran when I was 7." Mark's eyes widened. "Really?" She nodded and then he noticed she was shaking a little. He didn't know what to do, but on instinct he wrapped his arms around her in a tight hug. She stiffened, not used to the contact, then timidly hugged back.

"You gonna be okay?" He asked as he pulled away a little. She nodded, holding his gray tank top in her hands tightly. "Yeah, I'll be okay." He nodded, then got an idea. He gently took the silver chain off from around his neck and took her hand, holding it palm up as he dropped his dog tags into her hand and closed her fingers around them.

"Keep these." He said, smiling sadly. "I'll always be with you." She nodded and smiled up at him greatfully. The both watched each other for a few seconds, then both leaned in, their lips connecting. It was a quick kiss, but it was perfect. When she pulled away, a blush was evident on her cheeks.

"When we see each other again, you better kiss me like that, but longer." She laughed and he joined her. "I promise." Later that afternoon, as the company was loaded on the jet, they shared one more quick kiss. "You better come back." He growled quietly, his eyes swimming with concern. She laughed. "I promise."

4 years later, Mark sat in bed, staring at his phone. Today was the day (Y/N) was being discharged. He had been up all night, not able to sleep. He was too excited, too nervous. It had been four years since he had seen her in person. Four fucking years. Now what was judging if she was even coming back was a phone call. He sighed and ran his fingers through his now grown out hair and then he stroked the scruff on his face.

Finally he was tired of sitting and got up, beginning to pace his bedroom. A million what ifs ran through his head. Then, he was cut short with his phone going off. He rushed over, picking it up and answering quickly. "Hello?!"

"Mark?" The voice that spilled out the speaker was music to his ears. (Y/N). She sounded exahsted but her voice was cheerful. "Oh my god, it's you!" He said, letting out a sigh of relife. She giggled. "Yeah, ya goof. My flight will be landing soon, can you come pick me up?"
"'Course 'course! Be there in twenty minuets." They said their goodbyes and he wasted no time getting ready.

When he arrived at the airport, he hurried inside, gazing over people's heads, trying to find (Y/N). Then he saw her. She had a huge canvas bag thrown over her shoulder, her hair down and flowing. He ran up to her, dodging people. When she saw him, her smile was huge and she dropped her bag, leaping into his outstreched arms. He picked her up, spinning her around, his arms wrapped tightly around her waist.

The hug was amazing as Mark began to tear up a bit. He had missed her so much, and now as he held her he didn't want it to end. She pulled away a little, smiling happily. "I missed you so much!" She said, running her fingers through his hair, laughing. "I missed you, too." He said, then gently slipped his fingers under her chin, making her look at him.

Her (E/C) eyes met his molten chocolate ones, sparkling happily. She had dark circles under her eyes from lack of sleep but a smile that would light up even the darkest of his days. "My god, you're as beautiful as the day you left." He whispered, resting his forehead against hers. She smirked and took his face in her hands. "And you're still the huge dork you were when I left."

And with that their lips connected in a mind blowing kiss. This one was sweet, filled with passion. She melted against him and he held her close, not letting her fall. When she pulled away, she smiled. "You kept your promise."
"And you kept yours." He said. "I love you, (Y/N), and that's all I could ever ask for."