15: Wasted Love [Markiplier] (Part Two)

•Song: Please Don't Go by Jole Adams•
"Cause I don't ever wanna know,
don't ever wanna see things change, cause when I'm living on my own, I wanna take it back and start again."

It had been a week since you left Mark. The first few days he called and texted you continously until finally the messages died down. You stayed in a hotel over the week, not having anywhere else to go. You were, unsurprisingly, depressed as hell without Mark. You always tossed and turned at night without him there, trying to find some way to get comfortable, which always failed.

You kept expecting to wake up to him, only to open your eyes to see the cream colored walls and an empty space in the bed next to you. You sighed. You wanted to go back, you really did. But, you didn't want things to stay the same as they were before. You missed Mark, but you didn't want it to just be where you were living practically like roommates.

He probably already found someone better then you anyway. You knew it wouldn't be hard. He was the perfect guy. One day you sat in your room, bundled tightly in your blankets after you had trudged to the lobby to get breakfast. You sipped your coffee and munched your muffin, watching Netflix on your phone.

You were doing anything and everything to keep Mark off of your mind. Cheesy romance movies weren't the best, but fuck it. You sat through every Hallmark-like movie, shaking your head at every "happy ending". The movies were stupid as hell, but you couldn't help but watch them. You were soon interupted by a knock on your door. At first you thought it was house keeping. "Come back later!" You yelled, but another knock answered you. What the hell...?

You stumbled up, still wrapped in your blankets. You peek through the peek hole and almost stumble back when you catch a veiw of cherry red. No...how the hell even? You slowly open the door to see Mark, hair wild and eyes puffy. Dark rings were prominate against his flushed cheeks and his nose was pink tipped.

You couldn't have looked much better, your (H/C) hair thrown up in a messy bun in nothing but running shorts and a tee shirt. What you hated but loved at the same time was it was one of his shirts. The only way you'd managed to catch a few hours of sleep was by burying your nose into the shirt, taking in the scent of his cologne which was quickly fading.

It helped a little, but never compleatly. "O-oh, uh, hey Mark." You mumbled, fiddling with your blanket. He leaned against the door frame, watching you carefully. "Hey (Y/N)." His voice had lost it's power and his shoulders drooped weakly. He looked almost half dead, his normal confidence seeming to have left the night you walked out.

"What are you doing here?" You ask weakly, trying to keep yourself together. He chewed his lip, looking down. "Well, I, uh, just wanted to check on you." He mumbled lamely. "Oh. I'm, uh, fine. And you?"
"Yeah, I'm good." Both of you knew the words that tumbled out of your mouths were lies, but it didn't seem to matter.

Neither of you could keep eye contact for long periods of time, gazing anywhere but each other. Finally, you cleared your throat. "S-so, is that it?"
"Uh, yeah. I guess it is."
"Okay, um, see you Mark." You began to close the door only for him to jam his foot in to stop you. "A-actually, (Y/N)," He bit his lip, shouldering his way into the room, door falling shut heavily behind him.

"I wanted to come and talk to you about something else." You waited patiently while he fought for the right words. "I want you to come home." He finally said, looking up at you. "Baby, I've missed you so fucking much while you were gone. I just want you back."
"Mark," You sigh, gently resting a hand on his shoulder.

"I want to come back too, but, I don't want everything to go back like it was before. I actually want to spend time with you. I mean, for God's sake, you were my boyfriend yet we barely spoke or spent time together." He flinched at the word 'were', sucking in a breath. "I can change that, (Y/N). I was so stupid to not realize what I had until I lost it." His eyes were pleading and desperate. You felt your heart flutter at his promise. He would change...for you?

You begin to crack, your tears starting to roll down your face. "Y-you mean it?" Mark nodded vigorously, hands gently squeezing your arms. "Yes (Y/N), every word! I can't possibly show you how much I love you. I would do anything to get you back!" He gently wiped away your tears. "All you have to do is come home, baby." You nod. "I love you, Mark." You say, throwing your arms around his neck and hug him tightly, nuzzling into his neck.

He pulled you close to him, his frame trembling as he cried softly. "I love you, too, (Y/N)." And with that you both pull back and he crashed his lips into yours, your lips moving in sync with his. You knew after that Mark was the perfect guy and you couldn't let him go. You wouldn't let him go again.