This Is Goodbye

As Mickey pulled his covers further up his chest and stared at basement ceiling, he couldn't help but feel unsatisfied with his storm out from Ian's room.

Does it count when you storm out of the room but stay in the same house? He thought to himself. Is it really as dramatic when I'm only two floors down?

Nonetheless, as much as Mickey hated it when he put Ian in a offsetting mood, his stubbornness was getting the most of him. He indistinctly hoped Ian was regretting his decisions right now. Of course Mickey was aware of how selfish he was being, but how could he not? You can't tell me you love me and then just leave.

Except Ian hadn't uttered a word about loving Mickey. That was Mickey who almost said it. Ian didn't come after Mickey after he stormed downstairs. Nobody else in the house had said a word. Mickey had walked right past Fiona, Mandy and Veronica in the kitchen, all three tense since they'd obviously heard some of the argument between Mickey and Ian. Sure, the two boys fought constantly over dumb shit but this time it seemed intense. Real. This was an argument that was endless on both sides. Neither boy would be satisfied with either of the outcomes.

Fuck, if I knew Gallagher would cause this many problems- Mickey warned himself not to say anything he'd regret. The thing about relationships like his and Ian's is that they are precious and are difficult to understand. They fight out of love.

Mickey was desperate to know what Ian might be up to alone upstairs. Was he sleeping soundly? Was he as agitated as Mickey? Was he wide awake? Was he talking to one of his helpful siblings? Mickey would never know. Well, unless Mickey got the balls to go upstairs and face the redhead but fuck that, even Mickey admits he's too stupidly stubborn to do that.

"Alright that's it," Mandy said loudly into the dark room, startling Mickey. He felt Emri next to him on the bed stir until her back was to Mickey. "What's going on?"

"The fuck are you talking about?" Mickey whispered back, careful not to wake Emri as he looked at Mandy on the mattress next to the bed. She looked up at him with red eyes from the floor.

"You're fucking mumbling to yourself, you jack ass. I'm trying to sleep, so just spill everything and get it off your pale ass chest."

Mandy sighed when she got no response from her older brother. The dark room was silent apart of Emri's heavy and sleepy breathing, and Mickey's occasional shuffle on the bed. "Mick," Mandy moved around, and Mickey guessed that she was now sitting up. "I know I haven't been there for you a lot, with you know, all the shit that went down. But I'm here now man, I got your back. Tell me what's goin' on."

"You mean with me and Ian or me and our fucked up family?"

Mandy snorted softly in the dark room. "Ian."

Mickey rolled over until he could at least almost catch a glimpse of his sister's figure in the darkness. "You know about ROTC?"

"Ohhhhhh," Mandy dragged the word out, falling back down on the mattress. "Lip told me a little bit about that while we were uh- hanging out."

"Hanging out, huh?" Mickey asked playfully.

"Fuck off. You'd find out soon enough anyway."

"How could I miss that candy ass pefume in my life?"

"Shut up. So what's the deal?"

Mickey ran a hand over his face. "The deal is that the red fuck decides to leave right when I got no problems on my ass for once."