One More and One Less Sibling

"Whose car is this?" Mickey grunted to Emri as he opened the door to the car on the driveway. It was pretty beat up and old, but it would have to do. Emri's mouth opened and closed as she hesitantly glanced to the back of the house.

"It's-uh, one of the guys but..." Emri swallowed, her leg beginning to shake nervously. "We gotta hurry, guys."

Mickey hot-wired the car in a minute, ushering Lip and Emri to get inside once the engine roared to life. Emri never ran faster in her life to the backseat, almost sure that one of the men must've heard their cars start.

"Hey, drunk and high like you said remember?" Mickey said to Emri, making eye contact with her as he backed out of the driveway. He gave her one last look before putting the car into drive. "They didn't hear shit."

Emri nodded. They sped to the hospital, all nervous and sweaty for their own reasons. "What happened between you and Terry?" Emri couldn't help but ask, midway through the drive.

"Nothing," Mickey replied blankly. Lip sighed and turned his head towards Emri.

"Look, Terry's just a really bad guy, okay? He's not who you thought he was. Terry's... he'll do anything to get what he wants."

"Basically," Mickey sighed. "He's a shitty parent and we're all better off without him."

"Were you going to kill him?" Emri asked. When nobody answered, she swallowed and said, "Are you?"

"I'm going to do whatever the hell it takes to get to my brother," Mickey said proudly. He met Emri's eyes in the rear view mirror. "Whatever it takes. That's family."

Emri nodded. "You two. Are you guys both family?"

Lip side-eyed Mickey with a smirk twitching at his lips. "We will be soon. Brother-in-laws."

Mickey punched Lip in the shoulder making his chuckles stop, but the smile remained on his mouth even when Mickey scowled at him. Emri smiled. It had been a long time since she witnessed something fond between family members.

"Whatever happens," Mickey suddenly blurt as he parked the car, a hand already reaching to throw open the door. "No gunshots in the hospital. No matter what, we don't want anybody else getting hurt for out own fucked up problems."

Lip stared at Mickey for a long while before nodding slowly. Emri did as well. Mickey took his gun out of where it had been hidden on his back between his jeans and skin and loaded it. Mickey gave both the teens another look before rushing out of the car and into the hospital, the others hot on his heels.

"I'm here for a Jamie Milkovich," Mickey told the man at the counter. He typed the name into the computer.

"Checked out just ten minutes ago by a Vicho Milk."

Mickey sighed and told Lip. Emri raised her eyebrows. "Vicho Milk?"

"It's our code name. That means Iggy and Colin got him," Mickey explained.

"It spells Milkovich, it's not exactly low-key," Emri snorted.

"Yeah, well, believe it or not we didn't have time for low-key," Mickey snapped back.

"Wait why are you mad? Your brothers have him, don't they?"

"Yeah, but where the hell are they? They aren't picking up their phone an didn't leave the missed call like we planned. I don't know, this seems sketchy. Too easy, almost." Lip checked his phone uneasily.

"Wanna call them? Give it a try?" Mickey asked.

"I did, they aren't picking up. Both of them, it's not good man. I can feel it," Lip replied. His face was green and he looked as if he was going to be sick. Emri helped him to a chair where they sat down while Mickey paced.