I looked towards the wall when I heard a slight sizzling sound; the sound that let me know someone was passing through the wall. In walked Amber holding something in her hand, when she got closer I saw it was a purple amulet on a silver chain.

I stopped what I was doing and looked at her suspiciously. "What do you got there?" I asked, pointing at the amulet in her hands. I didn't trust anything or anyone here anymore, especially after waking up with a killer tattoo.

She looked down at the amulet and shrugged her shoulders. "I'm not sure, but it used to belong to you." She walked over to the bed and held it out for me to take. I looked up at Amber, before hesitantly reaching out for the necklace.

The second my fingers brushed against its oval shaped dark purple surface. My unruly black waves turned into straight, smooth, silky strands. I gasped, delighted by my hair's sudden transformation, and grabbed the amulet from her hand.

I tilted the amulet back and forth in my hand, noting how it sparkled in the light that the small lamp on the desk provided. I walked into the bathroom and over to the small square mirror above the tiny sink, and admired my image

"I wish I could say this is mine, but I don't think it is. I would definitely remember if I owned something this awesome," I called to her from the bathroom. But just for fun I undid the clasp and put it on. For some reason seeing the amulet around my neck made me feel sad, and I took it off quickly.

"Are you alright?" Amber said, sticking her head into the bathroom.

I gave her a small smile and slipped the amulet into the pocket of my uniform. I had a feeling that it was indeed mine. "Yeah."

She looked at me skeptically and drew away from the bathroom, and over to the wall. She opened up a hole and waited patiently for me to join her at its entrance.

A short time later we were in the massive room with the blood red pillars and the intricate paintings on the ceiling. Amber led us over to the stone mermaid squirting water out of her mouth. She removed her high heels and then handed them to me.

"Hold these for a second please."

"Sure," I said, looking down at the shoes in my hands slightly confused.

She mumbled a spell under her breath and stepped out onto the pool of water surrounding the mermaid.

Instead of sinking to the bottom of the shallow pond, she stayed perfectly on its surface. The water only rippled slightly under her feet, while she walked towards the mermaid statue. Once there she scaled the blue crystal pedestal, on which the mermaid rested, and reached for one of the mermaid's outstretched hands. She grabbed its right wrist and twisted it to the side. There came a rumbling sound from behind us seconds later.

My head snapped around, to see what could possibly make that noise. I looked just in time to see the giant staircase split in half, and either of its sides slid to opposite ends of the room. In the space, they had vacated a pair of doors made entirely out of yellow crystals.

"Wow," I said, staring at the doors in awe. Amber came up beside me and took her shoes back. After slipping them back onto her feet, she began walking towards the two crystal doors, and I followed behind her. When we reached the doors, they opened all by themselves. A gold metal cage greeted us from beyond. Amber clapped her hands, and the door to the golden cage opened. She stepped inside. I followed suit. The crystal doors closed just as Amber closed the door to the cage, cutting us off from the light and plunging us into darkness.

"Elum," We both said at the same time, and two orbs of light appeared in front of us. But the ball of light I summoned looked different from the ones I had summoned before or had seen anyone else muster. Instead of the standard white light, mine had a purplish tint to it. If Amber thought this was as strange as I did she didn't let on.