07: Skiing & Field Trip

Picture of chalet.
_________________
It's been like a month since I've been in Regina and it's been good. Workouts every Friday with everyone (Allie, Layla, Thomas, Nate, Parker, Jay, Oli, Julian), a lot of trips to Sweet Pie, some good girls day every now and then, hours at church, parties (especially Thomas') (Jay's this weekend) and let's not forget about school. Jay and I returned our project last Monday and received our grade Friday. 85%! We did some awesome team work.

Today, we're going on the winter field trip. I am going to stay at the Roy's chalet with Allie, Layla, Thomas, Nate and Parker. I was told that it was kinda big.

It was already 7:58 in the morning and we had to be at school at 10. Last week, us, seniors, had to go to a short assembly about our trip. Basically, our principal said that if we were going to stay at our own chalet that we had to drive over there by ourselves. Which was my case with the others. And since we didn't want to get squeezed into Allie's car and wanted to get comfortable, Claire said we could use her car. Just to give it to her in a good shape. Thomas, Nate and Parker were going into a different car though. Oli complained about Allie having the car. Like always.

I get up from my bed and go stare at myself in the mirror. My hair is basically a bird's nest. How did that happen? I don't know. I walk over to the bathroom and start brushing my teeth. After that, I step into the shower but not before undressing myself. I wash my hair, since I haven't washed it for like a week. Don't judge.

After doing my washing, I get out of the shower and wrap myself in a towel. I blow dry my hair and go inside my room. I step in front of the closet.

Hmm, what to wear?, I think.

It's not like I can wear jeans, cause we're skiing right when we get there. I grab a white tshirt and a grey hoodie. I open one of my drawers and take out black skinny sweatpants. I dress myself, grab my phone and go downstairs.

"Good morning, family Roy!" I stopped, confused. "Or is it Roy family?"

They laughed at my grammatical error.

Thank you for laughing at my grammatical misery.

I sat down at my seat. I like that we all have our own seats.

"Good morning, Savannah!" Claire greeted me.

"Good morning, Vannah!" Judith said. Yup, that's her nickname for me. Similar to Vanni but different.

"Morning Jude!"

"Morning!" Allie said.

"Morning." Oli replied.

"Oohh! Waffles! Being fancy, I see!" I said excitedly.

"If that's fancy for you, fancy it is!" Claire said as she laughed.

Claire said grace. "Dig in!"

I took two waffles and placed them on my plate and put maple syrup on them. I grabbed some raspberries and dropped them on them. Sweet!

We ate in comfortable silence with little chats every now and then.

"Who's doing the dishes?" Claire asked.

Everyone groaned.

"Why does someone has to wash them if we have a dishwasher?" Oli complained.

"Well because..."

We stared at her, waiting for her to come up with a reason.

"Nevermind. You're right. Everything in the dishwasher."

We laughed and got up to put our stuff in the dishwasher.

"Now everyone hurry up! Allie can you drop your sister before going to school?"