05: First Day

Picture of her outfit.
______

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

I shut down the alarm.

I sigh.

This is a new day as Savannah Collins.

Since I'm quite excited, I get out of my bed kinda fast.

I know, I know.

You're probably wondering why I'm so excited about going to school.

Since I have a tutor, it's probably the same thing.

Well no!

It is not!

I always dread the arrival of my tutor, Mr. Jergens. He's this old man that talks about stuff I don't want to know. School is the same thing, I know. But at least you have interactions with other people than your teachers.

Anyway, I walk over to my closet and chose what I'm going to wear. You probably thought that I already chose what I was going to wear since I'm excited. Well guess what? I didn't.

I chose a black skirt, dark grey sweater and for my shoes it was going to be some burgundy Doc Martens. I retrieve from one of my drawers a pair black knee socks and another pair of socks. I decided last night that I was going to wear two pair of socks when I'll be wearing my winter books. Cause let's be real, it's freezing here. Allie told me that at Summerhill you couldn't wear your boots inside classes - obviously and it's really fashionable, isn't it (note the sarcasm)- and that you had to bring shoes, so I took a bag and put my docs inside.

I go in the bathroom and do my usual morning routine. After blow drying my hair, I question myself on what to do with my hair. I decide on doing a french braid.

A piece a hair over here. Another piece of hair over he-

Nevermind.

This is just tiring.

I leave my hair straight.

I go downstairs to eat breakfast.

I sit down at the same place as I did the two previous night. On the table there was egg, bacon and bread.

Once everyone was seated, Allie said grace and we started eating.

Let me just say, it was delicious.

There was bacon, after all.

We all talked a bit during eating. When we were finished, we placed our plates and utensils in the dishwasher. I went upstairs, took all the stuff I needed and went in the kitchen to take my lunch.

●●●

After a not so long ride, Allie and I got to Summerhill. The school was quite big. It looked quite modern. I got out of the car and practically ran to the door from the drastic change of temperature. The hot warm feeling of the car to the freezing cold of outside. And I now regret wearing a skirt with knee socks. In winter you wear pants or skirts with thights. You show no skin. The fact that I was kinda running wasn't a good idea. Since yesterday night it was running and that this morning it was cold, now the floor was all slippery. Which caused me to slip. But thank God some muscular arms catched me. And let me say some pretty muscular arms. I looked up to see blue eyes looking straight at my eyes.

"Be careful, beautiful." He said with a smile. That kinda looked like a smirk. Yeah. It was a smirk.

But seriously dude?