Chap 22: Milk and Cookies

This is the first time I've put a song in my chapter and I just had to because it made so much sense. It would be a sin against sins not to
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Don't over estimate people, Adrien."

"What do you mean?"

"You think they can deal with everything on their own. Even if things seam fine on the outside you may have now idea what's going on in their brain." Tikki explained.

"I... I guess you're right. But what I don't understand is, if Marinette was akumatized then why doesn't she look like it?" Chat asked.

"That's what I'm-"

"Chat?" Marinette called.

Chat jumped in surprise and Tikki immediately zipped into his hair. "Y-yeah, Princess?"

"You were taking quite a while out here. I was I wondering if you were alright?" Marinette asked.

"Oh-uh, yeah, I'm purrfectly fine, Purrincess."

She giggled. A fake one of course but a believable one at that. "Why don't you come back inside. I made some cookies and got some milk just for you, kitty."

Chat immediately perked up after hearing Marinette say cookies. He loved her bakeries sweets especially the ones she made. "Of course, I'd love to!" He exclaimed. Right after Marinette was safe from the way he jumped down through her window. Right after entering her room the delightful smell of warm fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. They smelled so good his mouth almost started watering. "Are you gonna get mad if I eat all of the cookies?" Chat asked carefully.

Marinette shook her head no. "Help yourself, Chat." She said.

Chat picked up three cookies from the platter. He bit into the cookie, almost mesmerized by their amazing taste. Sadly Chat was too distracted by the dessert to notice Marinette smirk to herself. Chat took another bite into his cookie. His chewing started to slow down as his vision was getting blurry. He was getting drowsy and tired. He lost the grip and the cookie in his hand slowly started to fall. His eyelids were getting heavier and heavier by the second. "M-Marine..." He trailed off.

Marinette was was turned the other way, pretending not to be paying any attention to Chat. "Hmm?" She asked.

But without responding Chat eyes shut for the final time and he was off in a deep sleep.

Marinette turned around to Chat. A smirk grew on her face. "Night-night, Kitty." She said.

••••••••••••••
Adrien slowly opened up his eyes to an unfamiliar scene. He wasn't at home that's for sure. But he surely wasn't in Marinette's room either. "Plagg, are you there?" He asked in a whisper.

There was no response.

"Plagg?" He called a bit louder.

Still no response.

"T-Tikki?" He called.

Tikki flew from out of Adrien's shirt. "I'm.. I'm right here Adrien.." She said, her voice trailing off.

Adrien sighed in relief. At least one of the kwami were there. "Do you know where we are, or where Plagg is?"

Tikki looked down, breaking her eye contact with Adrien. "Marinette had him now." She said.

"What do you mean?"

"She doused those cookies with melatonin. You ate them, passed out, and she took your ring." Tikki explained.

"So... she was akumatized after all. Her act was so.. believable though." Adrien said with sigh, while rubbing his temples.

"Yeah, I started to think maybe she was okay too. But then that happened." Tikki said.

"Wow. Just wow."

"But now we've got an even bigger problem." Tikki said.

"We just need to Ladybug to de-evilise her right? Then problem solved?"

"That's sorta the problem. Ladybug can't de-evilise her."

"What do you mean? Why not?"

"I guess it's now or never."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+610
8/24/26 11:11 pm