Chap 7: Chocolate Chip Cookies

Mari fell asleep asleep comfortable in her bed after a calm night of patrol.
She didn't have to wake up early this morning to get ready for school. If there was anything good that happened to her it would be that. She woke up around 11:00am. She stretched and yawned and got out of bed. She turned to see Tikki, hovering above her shoulder, yawning.

"Good..." she looked at her phone to see what time it was. "morning. Yeah, it's still morning."

"Tikki yawned again. "Good morning, Marinette." She said and smiled.

Marinette went downstairs to get some breakfast. She was greeted by her father. He was taking a break from the kitchen. And her mother was working up front.

"I'm just gonna get something to eat, Papa." Marinette said as she pointed a thumb towards the kitchen.

He nodded and continued to intently watch the Tv.

Marinette went into the kitchen. As she reached for the cabinet knob Tikki flew up to her nose. Mari crossed her eyes to see her. Then Tikki flew to a position where Mari could see her comfortably.

"Marinette?"

"Yes Tikki?"

"Aren't you gonna tell your dad about the window?"

"I-I will. I'll tell him when the window arrives."

"...Okay." Tikki said a little unsure. And flew back into Mari's hair letting her finish getting her food.

Marinette fixed herself a bowl of Frosted Flakes. She took her bowl up to her room and sat down, leaning back in her chair with her feet on her desk.

"Mari." A voice called followed by a knock, startling the girl.

She immediately new who it was but she didn't feel like talking to the superhero at the moment so she pretended she didn't hear it. She took another scoop of cereal.

"Purrrrincess." Chat whispered from behind Mari's ear.

Marinette jumped up from surprise, spilling some of her cereal.

"Gosh, Chat! You scared the heck out of me!" She said as she got up from her chair.

"I'm terribly sorry, Purrincess. But I know there was no pawsability that you couldn't hear me calling you, was there?" Chat asked, with his signature smirk plaster on his face.

"I knew I should've kept that locked." She mumbled to herself. Marinette pouted her lips and glared at chat for a few seconds until she finally rolled her eyes.

'Why does she make such cute faces- I mean not as cute as ladybug- but... a close second.' Chat thought to himself

"Well exqueese me for trying to enjoy my breakfast. Which is now half on the floor because of a certain sneaky black cat."

"Did you just say "exqueese" instead of excuse?" Chat said, as he furrowed his eyebrows and chuckled

"Have you heard of made up words. You literally put "paw" and "purr" in front of any word you possibly can." She said.

"True. But when I do it, it makes purrrfect sense." He said as his smirk found a way back to his face.

Marinette rolled her eyes at Chats pun. "Do you ever give it a rest?"

"I do take catnaps every now and then. But I'm not very tired right now."

"I give up. You win." She sighed in defeat.

"Ready to crown me king, Purrincess?"

"Actually I'm ready to clean up the cereal all over my floor." She said as she walked out to get some towels.