twenty four.

(pst read the authors note for several reasons)

"i can't believe him. how could he do that? how could he take words i wrote and make them into a song -- without my permission? i-isn't that illegal or something?

"and now he wants to give me credit? oh whoopdy do, thanks for that! that is also the complete opposite of what i want. if people found out i wrote that..." i trail off.

"but anyways. those were my words. words that i told him in trust, words that i told him with the hope of someone actually caring about me in return. and what does he do? he goes and shares them with the world? how am i supposed to trust him with anything anymore?" i conclude.

i take a deep breathe, tears forming in my eyes. i'm not sure if they were sad tears or anger tears, probably a mixture of both.

i look up at my school guidance counselor (i know, pathetic, but who else was i supposed to go to? my mom?) hoping for some you know, guidance.

she nodded a few times, and looked me in the eyes. she explained how school is a safe place and if i'm having trouble at home i can go to her, i don't have to rely on my friends. she doesn't get it.

once she finished her little lecture, she told me i could go home for the day. it was lunch so i would be missing one class, but i was such a mess i didn't even care.

•••

2:01 am; my clock blinks. another sleepless night lost in my thoughts. luke has been trying to contact me all day, oblivious to what he did wrong. my guidance counselor told me to tell him and try to work things out, but what if i don't want to? i can't trust him again. i can't deal with his so-called 'fame'.

i take out my phone and open the app where this all started - snapchat, and open a chat with luke.

me:
| i guess i owe you an explanation.
| i told you those words privately and you took them, without even asking, for what? to make a hit song? i don't even want credit for it. i don't want people to know i wrote it. PLEASE keep my name out of it.
| how am i supposed to trust you? maybe you didn't mean any bad out of it but how do i know it won't happen anymore?
| that being said. i'm sorry luke. i don't think i can do this anymore.

i quickly swipe out of the chat, wiping a few tears from my eyes. i press on his contact in the app, and quickly click 'remove friend'.

good-bye luke hemmings.

•••

word count: 463 words

UHOH THAT WAS THE LAST CHAPTER BUT FEAR NOT

THERE IS AN EPILOGUE

also im thinking about going back and slowly re-editing chapters because my writing has changed and these chapters are written like in 400 different tenses

ALSO

UM I SAW 5SOS AGAIN LAST NIGHT AND IM AJFNANNTWN

THEY MAKE ME SO HAPPY THEY WERE SO HAPPY IM SO DEAD DONT MIND ME

THEY ALSO GAVE EVERYONE AT SOUNDCHECK TWO FREE TICKETS TO THE SHOW AT THR FORUM SO MY FRIEND INVITED ME SO IM SEEING THEM AGAIN ON WEDNESDAY

ok sorry bye