twenty one.

"luke.. i don't know..."

"kat, please, it's just a date. i'm not asking for a commitment or anything, i just want to go out - at least once, and see where things go, please? just give me a chance?" he asks, taking both my hands in his, and looking me in the eyes.

"o-okay.." i say, biting my lip slightly.

"really?!" he says, a huge grin on his face.

"yes," i reply, letting a small smile appear on my face. "luke hemmings. i will go on a date with you."

•••

the last few days with luke had been amazing - almost like they were 'too good to be true', and if we're being honest, i'm kind of worried they were.

luke has to leave tomorrow. somehow, he had managed to convince my parents to let me continue the last week of the australian leg of the tour with them. but now they're leaving for the american leg, and my mom didn't even let me finish my sentence when i tried to ask if i could tag along.

•••

i try, but fail, to hold my tears back as i tightly hug luke, whispering how much i'm going to miss him.

"we'll facetime everyday, we'll text everyday, we'll snapchat everyday. it's going to be like i never left, i promise." he says, forcing a smile, holding onto me, but all i do is nod.

"i promise." he repeats.

i pull out of the hug and lightly kiss him on the cheek, before i start to take off the over-sized sweatshirt of his i was wearing.

"keep it." he mumbles, and i nod. he gives me one last quick hug, before turning around and walking towards the shuttle that would be taking him and the rest of the band to the airport. not once did he turn around to look at me. not once.

•••

word count: 312 words

HI WOW I HAVENT UPDATED IN 39058438734 YEARS im so sorry ahhh and sorry this chapter is short and sucky im having major writers block but i really wanted to update ahhh

i have plans for this book im just having trouble getting there lol