seventeen.

LUKE'S POV

the boys and i have some recording to do in perth, and i know kat lives around there (since she went to rowyso perth) so i figured i try and make everything right, right?
i got a school directory from her high school (which i found out about via twitter) and then got her address (they should really make these things more private) and her home phone number. i drove to her house, and parked my car across the street, i then pulled out my phone to call her house, and prayed for the best.

the phone rang for about 30 seconds before someone picked up,
"hello?"

"hi!" i exclaimed. i was about to ask if kat was home, but then i realized this could be her, i don't really know what her voice sounds like.

"may i ask who is speaking?" the person on the other line asks.

"uh.." i choke out. "my name is lucas."

"lucas? hmm..." the person paused for a minute. "oh! you must be calling for kat, she said something about a school project and that someone might call for her."

"oh, uh, yeah. i was wondering if she's home? i'm almost over because i have a few things to discuss for the project, that, uh, need to be done in person." i say, my lying skills coming in handy.

"um, she isn't home at the moment, she went to meet a friend for lunch, but she should be home any minute."

"okay."

"but once you get here, feel free to come inside and wait!" her mom (i think) says happily.

"okay, thank you so much." i grin, and hang up. so far so good.

i wait in the car for a little bit, before getting out (to make it seem like i wasn't waiting outside her front door -- which technically, i wasn't) and knocking on the door. her mom lets me in and guides me over to the couch, where she offers me a glass of water while i wait. i quietly declined, and then took out my phone and scrolled through twitter while i waited for kat to come home.

about fifteen minutes later, kat walked through the door.

"mom! i'm ho-luke?" she says, once she sees me.

"oh, yes! lucas said he needed your help for a few things, in person, for your group project for school." kat's mom says, as she walks in.

"gr-group project? oh..uh.. yeah.." kat says, stuttering a bit.

"i'll let you two be, if you need anything, call me!" her mom says cheerfully, as she walks out of the room.

"thanks.." kat mumbles, before stomping over to me. "luke? wh-what are you doing here?" she "whisper-shouts" but i can tell she's really nervous. it's cute.

"i..uh.. i wanted to make things better?" i start, hopefully.

"well, believe it or not, i don't want to talk to you. the luke hemmings."

"but, why? i'm trying here kat, i really am. we barely know each other and i want to get to know you better!"

"you had your chance, and you ruined it. now can you please leave my house?" she says rather stubbornly.

"no." i shrug, a light smirk on my face.

"fine." she sighs. "then, i'll leave." she states as she simply walks out the house, slams the door, and gets into her car.

i push my hand through my hair and sigh, 'she's not getting away that easy', i think to myself. i quickly run out the house, jump in my car, and follow her - even if i have to go a little bit above the speed limit.

after following her for about ten minutes, she stops outside a house, and angrily gets out of her car. i stop my car, and follow her, chasing her up the steps.

"luke...just.. please leave me alone!" she says, and i can tell she's been crying. did i really effect her that much? is there something i'm missing here? i just need to know everything's okay.

"kat, what's-" i start, and then widen my eyes, as i see two figures through the window.

"what?" she sniffles.

"uh... nothing, but i really think you should go home and rest. i'm sorry." i state.

"why do you all of a sudden care?" she asks, rolling her eyes, as she knocks on the door. but the door wasn't closed properly, and it slowly opened. once the door fully opened, kat walked in and i followed her, trying to stop her.

"tristan...?" she softly says, and i swear i see her breath stop for a moment. i follow behind her, and see as i suspected, her boyfriend (i assume) and some girl (that's not kat) having a little too much fun.

•••

word count: 797 words

thank you guys so so so sO MUCH FOR 19k reads!! i never thought i would even get 1k tbh
soooo in honor of that (and 1k votes!1!2!3!!?) im going to be doing a small character ask !! (we can do a bigger one later on) so look out for that update which should be posted very soon!!

also, ive been getting so many notifications of comments i haven't been able to go through them all, so that's what im gonna be doing, be on the look out!!

be sure to let me know what ya think and leave comments throughout the chapter! okay byeeeeee :) xx
ps sorry for any typos i didn't edit really pLEASE NICELY CORRECTLY ME if u find any errors thank ya