twenty three.

LUKE'S POV

"we have a new song coming out tomorrow," i said, smiling wide. i could not wait for kat to hear it. "it's a surprise, so don't say anything - i'm not even supposed to tell you, but i know for a fact that you're going to love it."

"can i get a sneak peak?" she asked, throwing in a playful wink.

"nope!" i responded, chuckling softly.

she pouted sarcastically, or well, she tried, because after about 3 seconds, she giggled. and might i just say - it is the cutest giggle i have ever witnessed. she unintelligibly scrunched up her nose, and swung her head back, as if she were laughing at the funniest thing in the world.

she is the cutest human to exist, how did i get so lucky?

•••

the boys and i all finished typing out our tweets announcing the new song, broken home, and waited eagerly for the clock to change from 1:59 to 2:00. the second the clock changed, i clicked tweet and quickly texted kat - well, messaged her through snapchat. that was sorta our 'thing'.

me:
| sooooo HAVE YOU LISTENED TO IT YET DO YOU LIKE IT

after waiting for a few minutes, i saw she opened the message, she must've heard it by now. i waited a few more minutes and she still hadn't answered, huh weird.

just as i was about to send her another message, i got a twitter notification from her.

notification: new tweet from kat loves 5sos.

i clicked on the notification to view the tweet.

kat loves 5sos
@96shood

5sos' new song is okay, definitely not one of my favorites :/

5/27/16  2:06pm

2 retweets 189 favorites

i looked through the replies, and a lot of people were asking her why or trying to pick a fight with her. i, for one, was very confused. i quickly sent her another message.

me:
| why don't you like the song? :( you basically wrote it !!!

MY kat:
| exactly.

me:
| ????
| we were going to put your name in the writers list don't worry!!!

MY kat:
| please don't.

me:
| kat bby what's wrong?

after a few minutes of no reply, i checked the snapchat app and saw that she had opened the message 2 minutes ago, and hadn't replied.

what did i do wrong?

•••

word count: 368 words

YEAH OK I SUCK AT UPDATING BUT I HAVE SO MANY MORE BOOK IDEAS I JUST DON'T HAVE TIME TO UPDATE AND I KNOW I SUCK OK IM IN SAN FRAN FOR A FEW DAYS NOT DOING MUCH THO SO ILL TRY TO UPDATE

also this story is almost done :(

and i start school in a week aND I HAVENT FINISHED MY SUMMER ASSIGNMENTS RIP ME

also i know twitter doesn't have favorites anymore FIGHT ME