eighteen.

LUKE'S POV

i decided to try and leave the room as the situation was obviously going to be awkward for me, but as soon as i turned to go, i made eye contact with kat. she looked scared, hopeless, but i knew i had to leave her to fend for herself or else she would never forgive me. she'd go on about how i don't think she's 'strong enough' to stand up for herself, or something, you know how girls are. so i decide to rather not risk it, and i go outside to sit in my car and wait.

•••

after a few minutes, kat walks outside. i can see tears are streaming down her face. once she sees my car, she runs over, and quickly gets into my car, she wipes her eyes, as she looks at me.

"i couldn't do it. i couldn't do it, luke." she sobs.

"couldn't do what?" i ask her, slightly confused.

"i couldn't break up with tristan. he's all i have. he said he's sorry, that he knows he screwed up, that he'll make it up to me. i don't believe him, but i don't know what else to do. he scares me." she cries.

"hey," i say, leaning over to give her a hug, "it'll be okay. i promise, you'll figure it out."

all she does is nod.

"how about we go back to your house, and maybe try to work things out, for you and tristan, and me and you." i suggest.

once again, she nods, and i start driving to her house.

when we get there, we go inside, shout hello to her mom, and walk up to her room. she sits on her bed and i sit on a swivel chair next to her desk, i don't want to get too close or anything. it's then that she lets it all out. she vents about tristan, me, herself, just everything, and i can't help it but to go sit next to her on her bed, and just hug her.

we keep talking for a bit, trying to figure out a safe way for kat to break up with tristan, and just other things, but about thirty minutes later, i get a text from ashton.

to: me
from: ashton irwin

hey! where are you? we need to get to the studio to finish writing and recording!

i quickly respond,
to: ashton irwin
from: me

on my way! :-)

i look over at kat, still seeing the hurt in her eyes. i haven't known her long, but seeing her hurt, makes me hurt.

"hey, kat?" i say softly.

"yeah?" she simply replies.

"i gotta go.." i start. "the guys and i have some recording to do."

she nods her head, and i give her one last hug before walking out the door.

notification: one new text from ashton irwin.

i unlock my phone to read and reply to ashton's text.

to: me
from: ashton irwin

okay, great! by the way, have you finished that song yet?!

to: ashton irwin
from: me

yeah! just finished actually.

•••

word count: 513 words

hi sorry it was so short, but i do have good reason!!
finals are coming up in like 2 weeks and they're my first finals ive ever taken so im super nervous and stressed because i have loads of homework and tests on top of that!! and as much as i enjoy writing on here (and as much as it relieves stress) i'm just not sure i'm gonna have time :( so i just wanted to give you all something!!

ps sorry if the text format was weird i don't remember the format for how i usually write out the texts (and sorry for any typos or anything that doesn't make sense) and i was rushing a bit oops gotta go study ;( love u all thank u for all the reads and votes <3