Jennifer Jiroux *

Years ago....

Jennifer's eyes narrowed as the alarm system blared a warning of an elf on the loose in Silverton. She shot a glare at the screen, muttering under her breath about the dangers of elf blood. The room was filled with her friends Elaena, Lillian, and Drake. A squeak from Elaena's boot caught their attention, and she furrowed her eyebrows, noticing something on the ground.

Jennifer, with a crooked grin, bent down to pick up a teddy bear. "Sorry, it belongs to Mrs. Rosemary. I must've forgotten to take it with me," she explained.

Drake's curiosity sparked. "Wait, you went to visit her again?"

Lillian stepped into the conversation, her tone concerned. "Jen, you know that's risky. Mrs. Rosemary could expose us to others with her knowledge of magic."

Jennifer crossed her arms defensively. "Who else is going to stop the queen? Why are we sitting around in this tree house while the Minera gates remain open? I can't just stand by and watch her destroy everything. We can trust Mrs. Rosemary to help."

Lillian waved her hands, trying to explain. "No, that's not what I meant. I'm not being offensive."

Elaena joined in, massaging her temples. "Jen, we're worried about your safety. You could get yourself killed."

Unfazed, Jennifer flew out of the tree house window. She refused to be attacked for doing what she believed was right.

Her visits to Mrs. Rosemary were driven by a different motive. She knew the librarian possessed valuable information about the queen and magic. Moreover, Mrs. Rosemary's deep connection to the townsfolk made her a valuable ally.

The wind brushed against Jennifer's skin as she soared through the forest, her destination Silverton. The bright daylight posed a challenge, making it difficult to move magical creatures without causing a commotion.

She landed on a nearby tree branch and noticed Mrs. Rosemary looking pale and worried. Jennifer transformed back into her normal size, hiding her wings, and approached her cautiously.

"Mrs. Rosemary!" Jennifer called out, tucking away her Ever Guard wand. "What's wrong?" Her voice shook.

The librarian gripped Jennifer's wrist, dragging her towards the library. "I can't do this anymore."

Confused, Jennifer asked, "What do you mean?"

"My family is being turned into slaves. The queen is ruining magic," Mrs. Rosemary explained, pacing anxiously. "I can't let her take over the world. She's dark and malicious. Even though they're not my blood relatives, I care for them."

Jennifer realized the gravity of the situation. Despite the elf threat in Silverton, she inquired, "What can I do?"

Mrs. Rosemary's eyes lit up. "There's one way to stop her. There's a baby, half pixie, half human."

Jennifer's heart skipped a beat. She knew about the existence of this child, a secret she had kept from her fellow Ever Guards. Her visits to Mrs. Rosemary were not for assistance around town, but to find and protect the baby.

"We have to fight evil with evil. This child can become a weapon against the queen," Mrs. Rosemary explained.

Desperate to protect innocent lives, Jennifer nodded in agreement. Little did she know, her actions were about to be tested.

As Mrs. Rosemary handed her the baby, Jennifer's instincts kicked in. She couldn't bring herself to harm an innocent child. She decided to keep the baby safe and entrusted Mrs. Rosemary with the task. Worried about her fellow Ever Guards' reactions, she pleaded, "Let me handle this. Meet me at my home in Evergreen tonight and stay until it's resolved."