The Pixie Queen - Calvin Jiroux **

The vibrant crimson liquid trickled down Ms. Pinkerwik's back, leaving a trail of color in its wake. Her delicate wings quivered with a faint tremor, signaling that she clung to life. Calvin's breath caught in his throat as hope surged within him. With a swift motion, he withdrew his wand, invoking its magic to assume his fairy form. 

As he transformed, tiny wings sprouted from his back, allowing him to gracefully descend to the ground. Buzzing with anticipation, he flitted towards the roof of Ms. Pinkerwik's flower-filled abode and gracefully alighted upon it.

A surge of energy coursed through Calvin's wand, its warmth seeping into his hand, while a blankness enveloped his mind. Though the enchantment threatened to overwhelm him, he held steadfast, maintaining control over his faculties. 

He deftly slipped inside the petals of the blossom and commenced his descent, rolling down the sturdy stem. However, his fluttering flight spiraled out of control, resulting in a sudden crash as he reverted to his normal size upon impact with the ground.

Calvin grunted, a mixture of frustration and determination emanating from him. His gaze flicked towards his wand, its significance not lost on him. He then shifted his attention to the motionless form of Ms. Pinkerwik, her limpness a stark contrast to his own resolute stance. Rising to his feet, he composed himself, brushing off the dirt that clung to his clothes. 

Placing his hands gently on her arms, he felt a faint warmth radiate from her skin. Her lips moved, forming hushed words of a murmured incantation. "Look right," she managed to utter, her weak voice carrying a sense of urgency. Her trembling finger pointed in a specific direction. "The map," she urged, her words emphasizing the importance of the revelation it held.

Calvin's grip tightened on the knife, his knuckles turning white as he watched Ms. Pinkerwik's wings fluttering. With a swift motion, he yanked the blade out, causing blood to spurt everywhere. Ms. Pinkerwik collapsed to the ground, her body convulsing as she coughed for air. Calvin's eyes widened as he witnessed the wound on her neck begin to crystallize, slowly healing itself.

Gasping for breath, Ms. Pinkerwik managed to utter, "The map... she took off to the forest." Her voice quivered with urgency. The wound completed its healing, and she raised her gaze to meet Calvin's. "She's off to kill the queen." Her hands trembled as she reached out, grasping Calvin's wrist tightly. "Go, you must go. Gather help!"

Calvin's heart raced within his chest, the thumping echoing in his ears. He pondered the gravity of the situation. Was it truly such a terrible thing to kill the queen of all evil? If the Everguards couldn't restore hope, perhaps eliminating the queen would bring back hope instantly. Fueled by determination, he stormed out of the cottage, his eyes catching sight of faint footsteps imprinted in the mud, leading back into the village.

Running through the bustling crowd of villagers, Calvin felt the chill of anxiety crawl up his throat. He instinctively reached for his wand, only to be halted by a large group of people. Their gazes fixed upon him, mouths agape with surprise and curiosity.

Surveying his surroundings, Calvin realized there was no way to bypass the villagers. He briefly considered transforming into a fairy to soar above the crowd and pursue Tricka, but he quickly dismissed the idea. It was time for everyone in Murdoc and Reve to know that the Everguards had returned. Sensing the pulsating energy in his wand, he lifted it into the air, swiping it swiftly to the right.

A burst of radiant, rainbow-colored light surged through the crowd, eliciting gasps and screams from the villagers. Their attention was drawn to the trail of light leading up to Calvin's wand.

"An Everguard!"

"Look, it's the Fae Guard!"

"They're back?"