Unleash the Wolf *

His lips felt like a thousand fires, the intensity of the kiss burning through Calvin's senses. It was an overwhelming sensation of warmth that sizzled across his body, creating goosebumps and making him melt. The moment was far from ordinary, but now was the wrong time to make out with Vinnie. As Vinnie's lips pressed against Calvin's, he found himself pushed up against a nearby car, and then they ventured into the dark, mysterious town.

Passing under the glow of golden streetlights, they left behind the tragic scene of Mrs. Rosemary's death, seemingly leaving reality behind with it. Calvin was easily swept off his feet by Vinnie, unable to control the conflicting emotions the guy stirred within him.

He wasn't sure if he was still upset with Vinnie or if he longed for the comforting touch they had shared before. As they entered the library, Vinnie locked the doors, and Calvin clutched Claera's locket close to his chest, seeking some semblance of stability. "Why are we here?" he asked.

"To get away from all the noise," replied Vinnie, his deep voice echoing around Calvin. They found themselves in an aisle of books, where Calvin leaned against the shelves, observing as Vinnie leaned in to kiss his neck. The touch of Vinnie's warm lips clouded his thoughts, their hands exploring each other's bodies. It all felt bewildering and senseless.

"This doesn't make sense," Calvin managed to utter amidst the intoxicating sensations.

"You want this, you want me," Vinnie responded assertively.

Calvin raised his hands, halting Vinnie from continuing the kiss. He took a moment to catch his breath and locked eyes with Vinnie's captivating golden gaze. "What are you doing?"

"I'm making a move since you're too afraid to," Vinnie said, enveloping Calvin within his muscular embrace. "You were afraid when we were alone in my cabin. But you don't have to fear me; I won't hurt you." Calvin wanted to believe him, yet an indescribable discomfort lingered. He didn't want to be used.

"You've been bullied all your life because of who you are," Vinnie continued, gently tugging on the end of Calvin's right ear. "Now you have me, someone who's interested, and you won't take the leap."

Calvin felt Vinnie's hand searching his pockets. His head spun with a woozy, tipsy feeling, as if he were floating in space. In his dreams, he craved the warmth of someone beside him each night, someone other than his mother to care for him and experience the intoxicating feeling of being in love.

"Do you see what you're doing? You don't feel anything." Calvin pushed Vinnie's arms away gently, trying to create some distance between them. "You can't just make... someone like you," he blurted out, but before he could protest further, Vinnie kissed him again. Calvin hesitated for a moment, torn between his emotions, and eventually surrendered to the overwhelming ecstasy. He grunted softly, breaking the kiss, and then turned his head away from Vinnie as he walked off. The sound of Vinnie's chuckles followed him.

However, the mirthful snickers that accompanied his collapse earlier returned, haunting him as he hurriedly moved away from Vinnie's echoing laughter. Books started falling from the shelves, unsettling him, and he found himself once again trapped inside the disorienting maze of the library.

Stumbling over his boots, Calvin crashed to the ground. "Calvin, you see what I mean?" Vinnie's voice carried over the snickers, his footsteps growing louder and closer. Calvin managed to pick himself up, but confusion gripped him. What was happening?

Could Vinnie be responsible for the pixies that were now after him? There had to be a reason why he was brought to this place and showered with kisses. Calvin tried to untangle his emotions regarding Vinnie. Did he genuinely like the guy, or was it merely teenage lust?