Breaking Out of Jail

Mark was lying on the wooden bench in his holding cell when the guard brought his food. The food was horrible: the rice looked like rat poo and the meat would've looked more appetising if it were covered in mucus.

Unfortunately he had no choice but to eat it. His whole life had been just like that-all the choices made for him. Turning himself and his sister in was the only thing he had actually done that hadn't been dictated by someone else.

The bad thing about what he did was that he lost the only family he had. His parents were disgusted in him and his sister Rosalie couldn't stand him. Veronica was the worst-she despised him and wanted his head chopped off but he didn't care anymore. His heart was now numb to the pain and he was going to have to get used to the horrible food in jail.

'Fire!' someone screamed on the other side of the holding cells.

The only thing he could be grateful for was that he had a single cell to himself.

The guard dropped the tray and went running towards the noise. Mark slowly got up and went over to the tray to try and get something to eat because he was starving. As he crouched down, he noticed a bunch of keys on the floor a few feet from the cell bars.

He stared at them for a few minutes before deciding to leave them. He knew that he deserved to go to jail and if he escaped, his sentence would be extended. He grabbed a semi-cooked piece of chicken off the floor and took a bite.

'Get out of my way idiot!' a familiar high-pitched voice screamed.

Mark's ears picked up. He knew that was Samantha and it sounded as if she was trying to escape. He stretched his arms and grabbed the keys. It took him a couple of minutes to find the right key and by that time, smoke was filling the cell at an alarming rate.

Mark unlocked the gate and ran straight for the place Samantha was being held. He looked around, not seeing much because of all the smoke. He didn't know why but something told him to go after her. He ran to the back and saw a blonde figure running in the distance.

He followed her for a couple of blocks. He had no idea where she was going but then he suddenly realised when he spotted her entering a spa. Mark casually walked to an old woman on the side of the road.

'Ma'am may I use your phone? I need to stop a crime.' He asked, using his best charming smile. He had always been good at getting what he wanted with that smile.

The old woman smiled at him and handed him her phone.

'Dad, its Mark. Yes I got out but I need you to come down to Phoebe's spa. Samantha got out and I'm afraid she'll do something stupid. Be discreet.' Mark hung up and thanked the old woman, before walking into the spa.

He stole a cap from a man who was talking to some girl. He was also a good thief too. He put the cap on and searched the area for his sister.

'Rosa how dare you!'

He turned and found Veronica talking with Rosalie at a plant across the room.

'Fuck.'

He hurried out and hid behind a bush a few yards from the entrance. Samantha got out a couple of minutes later. Mark looked at her closely and saw a piece of metal sticking out of her jean pocket. She was armed. Samantha walked casually to a tree and stood as if she were waiting for someone.

'I can't believe you just asked him out! You have a boyfriend!' Veronica giggled, as she and Rosalie walked out of the spa.

'I didn't! I just asked if he liked me- that's all!' Rosalie
screamed back.

Samantha dodged behind the tree and took out her gun.

Terror gripped Mark as his sister aimed straight at Veronica.

'Veronica!' he jumped in front of her just as the shot was fired.

'Umph,' he hit the ground with a thud.

'Mark!' Veronica screeched as she bent down over him.

Pain burned down his left arm and shoulder, where the bullet had hit him.

Another shot was fired but it missed them. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw his dad running towards him and a group of spies arresting Samantha.

'Mark are you ok?' his dad and Veronica asked, just as he fell unconscious.

#PLAYLIST SONG...Mercy by Shawn Mendes💔💗💔 [Oh my goodness this song is so freaking heartbreaking😭]