The Evil Girlfriend

Favourite Character nominee: Samantha

...

It had been a few weeks since my trip to Columbia and I was officially bored. I wasn't going to go to school because of the way everyone hated me. Besides, I couldn't have been able to handle the stress of school. I was still trying to get over Austin but every inch of the house reminded me of him.

Every time I felt like the house and his memory were overwhelming me, I would go out into the garden and talk to the plants. That day I was busy tracing the lines on the bark of an oak tree when Samantha showed up.

'Hey Loser, where's your brother?' her high-pitched voice screeched.

I turned back to look at her. She had her hand on her hip and her mouth worked like crazy on the poor gum in her mouth.

'I don't know. Why don't you scream? He would probably hear you all the way in China if you did.' I turned, planning on making a dramatic exit, then my head banged against the side of the tree.

'Ow,' I muttered, stroking the tiny bump forming on my forehead.

The witch behind me shrieked with laughter. I turned and saw her doubled over in laughter. I gave her the finger and was about to leave when her head popped up. Those flushed cheeks, sparkly green eyes and smile.

'Oh my word.' I breathed.

I rushed to the house and ran straight into Mark. He was home early.

'Hey is that Sam at the back?' he asked.

'Yeah. Wait do you have a picture of her smiling?' I asked.

'Why? That's a weird thing to ask.'

'Do you have one or not?' I asked, panting.

I wasn't very athletic like Mark and the short run had already exhausted me.

'Yeah.' He took out his blue iPhone and showed me a picture.

The bitch actually looked pretty when she smiled.

'Can I borrow your phone quickly? I just need to see something.'

He looked a bit uncomfortable so I did it for him. I unplugged his headphones and grabbed the phone out of his hands.

'Thanks!' I screamed as I ran to the elevator.

I threw open the door of my room and turned my laptop on. I made sure to keep clicking the phone screen so it wouldn't lock. I knew Mark had a billion passwords and I didn't know even one of them.

Finally, the laptop switched on. I went straight to my investigation folder and clicked on a photo of Martha.

She popped up on the screen. I put Mark's phone next to the screen and compared Martha and Samantha. They looked exactly the same-except that Samantha was older.

'Fuck.'

#PLAYLIST SONG...Tell the truth by the Empire cast feat. Jussie Smollett