You Are Next

I crawled on the wet, muddy soil, steadying my breathing.

The artificial sounds of birds chirping and forest animals interacting in the arena filled the air as I slowly crawled from behind a bush.

The fake forest I was in looked smelt like a real one. Not that I'd ever been in a real forest or anything but whatever.

I clutched the gun in my hands and watched the enemy from two feet away. The target slowly looked around until its eyes met mine. Red flashed in the robot's eyes as it went into attack mode.

I took a deep breath and gripped the AK-47 in my hands harder. The bushes around me caught fire as the robot shot laser beams around me.

I jumped out of the bushes, barely dodging a red hot laser.

'You messed with the wrong girl today,' I said, before shooting the robot straight in the bull's eye on its chest. The robot shut down and out of nowhere Austin's voice boomed in my ears.

'Well done babe. You are now officially an expert in all the training courses.'

I grinned and did my little happy dance that resembled a nae-nae. Austin had been the only guy who had seen me doing it because it was kind of embarrassing.

'In just 2 weeks! I beat your record!' I screamed at his disembodied voice.

The air around me shimmered as I teleported back to the control station where Austin and Mark were.

'Whatever- I took 3 weeks, not that much of a difference,' Austin stuck his tongue out at me.

'Very mature,' I muttered, giving him a huge bear hug.

I turned to hug Mark but he stopped me. 'You got mud all over you Nini. I love you but not enough to ruin my Versace shirt.'

I raised a brow and stared at him.

His face broke out into a huge grin and he just chuckled.

'Just kidding baby sis.' He gave me a huge hug too.

'So now that my training is over, what do I do now?' I ask as Mom and Dad got in through the automatic doors.

'You just carry on with your life. Austin is your bodyguard should anything happen to you." Dad replied, "And Austin, your relationship with Veronica mustn't get in the way of your job ok?'

He still wasn't very happy with the idea that we were dating.

'No sir.' Austin said, winking at me.

I grinned back and hugged my mom.

'We have to celebrate the end of your training love,' she said into my filthy hair.

'Yeah but where's Rosalie?' I asked, noticing she wasn't there.

Just then she walked in with Drew, her boyfriend.

'Right here,' she said,

In the two weeks after Austin and I had started dating, Drew had been pestering my sister for a date.

Apparently he had developed a huge crush on her months before and he'd finally decided to tell her. Rosalie refused to go out with him but he kept hounding her and even went as far as to ask her out in front of the whole school until she agreed. He was very cute actually.

He had black hair and blue eyes and a smile that made Rosalie blush. He was also 25 but my parents didn't mind because he was also a spy and they trusted him.

Unfortunately, they didn't trust Austin as much as Drew just because he was dating me: the favourite daughter. They'll never admit to it but I know they love me best because I'm the youngest.