Awkward Conversations

A\N: I know that pic has nothing to do with the story but I felt it was getting too depressing. Lol anyway there's more "drama" left so keep reading. Oh oh and vote and comment people!

For the second time in my life I felt like dying. My mind was racing and my heart was bleeding. It hurt being the good guy. If I were anyone else, I would’ve just kept Austin for myself. Unfortunately, I was too nice. Even if Rosalie wasn’t in love with him I doubted I would’ve faced the fact that he liked me.

I had always been comfortable and close to him but now everything felt awkward. Now the itchy feeling I got when I touched him and the ways he looked at me on stage made sense. Rosalie was right-he did like me and she was also right about me liking him back. I was just too stupid to see that. I felt so terrible and guilty but at the same time I was angry at myself for leading Austin on. I had hurt him just as much as I had hurt Rosalie. I was a horrible person.

I got up from the pool of tears I was sitting in and went looking for something to stop the pain. I found a sharp razor on my drawer. I stared at the shiny blade and without thinking; I dragged the blade across the tip of my finger.

‘Ah!’ the pain was excruciating and all that showed for it was a drop of blood.

I hated the sight of blood and I hated physical pain. I ran into my bathroom and threw up whatever was in my stomach.

Suddenly something warm wrapped itself around my shoulders. It felt as if a pair of arms was around me. I looked up to see Rosalie looking down at me.

She held me up and made me rinse my mouth and face after I was done. I felt numb and just wanted to sleep. This was turning out to be one hell of a day.

‘No come with me,’ Rosa said as I walked to my bed.

Too tired to argue, I followed her to the room down the hall, still in my fluffy bathrobe.

She walked in first and went over to Austin, who was sitting on her bed. He looked directly at me.

‘Come in Vero,’ Rosalie said.

I walked in and closed the door behind me. Rosalie patted on the seat opposite Austin and so I sat down. Making sure my robe kept everything covered. Austin kept looking at me with his red-rimmed eyes. His blonde hair was sticking out at awkward angles from all the pulling and tugging it had gone through.

Rosalie sat down between us. ‘I heard the entire conversation. I followed Veronica to her room and heard her talk with Mark. I left just before Austin showed up and listened to the fight in the hall.’

She looked at both of us but we just stared at each other in the eye. My green to his blue.

‘Look guys. Vero, I’m not some weakling you feel you have to protect. I’ve been training with Austin for years but I didn’t even once tell him I like him. You definitely like him more than I do. And you too Austin. Don’t let me get in between your stuff. Now get out of my room and talk like civilised people-I don’t want to overhear anymore fights.’

Neither Austin nor I made any attempt of moving. We just stared at each other.

‘Wow. I really am a pushover aren’t I?’ My sister joked.

I said nothing even though I would’ve made fun of her painfully any other day.

She sighed and left the room.

Austin raised one brow and I couldn’t help but burst out laughing.

‘This is awkward,’ He said, ignoring me.