Secrets Revealed

A\N: before any of you carry on reading, may you please take a moment to appreciate Justin Bieber's beauty. To any haters out there-apologies. Anyway isn't he just so damn cute?!!👼

'Back so soon? You only left three days ago,' Rosalie said, hugging me.

She had come to fetch me at the airport.

'Yeah my trip got cut short. Is everyone else back at home?' I asked.

'Yeah. They're waiting for your big announcement.'

I had called Mom and told her to get the family together because I had an announcement.

'Cool then let's not keep them waiting.'

We caught a cab and went home. Thankfully, the trip was short so I didn't have to worry about spilling the beans to Rosalie.

'Please tell me!' she whined the entire ride.

'I need to tell everyone at once. Besides, if I tell you, you might kill Mom and Dad as soon as we get home.'

'What? Oh my Lord I'm dying of curiosity. Just tell me!'

'We're here.'

I walked briskly into the house and headed straight for the living room.

'Hello.' I said.

Mark, Mom and Dad greeted me back but before they could ask about the trip, Rosalie burst in, her phone in her hand.

'Drew wants to take me out so make this quick.'

She started texting rapidly, ignoring us.

'Ok then. Mom and Dad why haven't you told us that Mark is adopted?'

Rosalie's head jerked up. 'What?'

Mom and Dad looked at each other and all the colour drained out of Mark's face.

I stood there with my arms as Mom and Dad scratched their heads and looked uncomfortable.

'Well we just didn't want to-'

'I asked them not to.' Mark said evenly.

'Why not?' I asked.

'Because it wouldn't make a difference whether I was adopted or not. You guys still look at me like your big brother so why ruin all that by telling you I was adopted?'

'Oh really? Did you find it embarrassing Mark? And how come you never mentioned you were once best friends with Kat's son?' I fired.

Rosalie gasped and dropped her phone. It clattered on the wooden floor as the room fell silent.

'Hey and why hasn't the fact that you and Kat's son shared the same name been mentioned either?'

'Ok, calm down Vero. Sit down and let's talk.' Dad said in a voice that meant business.

I scoffed and plonked myself down on one of the sofas.

'You too Rosalie. It was a mistake keeping all this from you so now we are going to talk like civilized people. Mark was adopted at the same orphanage that Kat's son was living in. I'm sure you found out that the boy's name was also Marcus and that he died a few months after we adopted Mark. It is just a silly coincidence and at the time we didn't even know Kat had a son. We only found out a couple of years ago. Mark has nothing to do with Kat, understood?' Dad said.

I nodded and looked at Mark who was staring at me.

'We didn't mention Mark was adopted because it doesn't matter. I agree it wasn't wise of us to hide that but what difference does it make?' Mom said.

'That makes sense. What else did you find out?' Rosalie asked me.

'Nothing much. I kind of left after finding out about Mark. I found letters from Audrey, Kats ex-wife. Also, I have a letter from Kat's son and a few drawings he made. Here's a picture of Marcus Matthews.' I said, handing the picture to Rosalie.

'Woah! Do you think Drew is Kat's son and that he is a part of this plot of revenge? Is this why he's dating me?' Rosalie shrieked.

Rosalie, unlike every other human being who knew her, thought she was unattractive. That was why she always suspected any guy that liked her-even if it made no sense.

'Rosalie Marcus died. And anyway Drew is too old.' I said, rolling my eyes.

Mark took the picture and stared at it for a couple of seconds.

'I remember him. He was always sick and he loved looking into picture books. I always thought he was a little weird. He was nice though.'

'If you don't mind, I'm really tired. Excuse me.'

I left them all trying to convince Rosalie that Drew wasn't Marcus and went up to my room.

#PLAYLIST SONG...Sorry by Justin Bieber