Where we are- chapter 50

Today's the day. Today is the adoption day. I'm so very excited for today. Today Louie will be officially be ours. He's already our son, but today the courts are going to be recognizing him as our son. He's already part of the family, but now this is a special day for us. We will remember this forever. This is like having a baby, but he's growing up faster. We get to experience more. I was nervous for today, even though I knew everything was okay. It almost made me sick. I was just excited and nervous. 

We got to the court house. It was our time to adopt our son. The judge looked over Louie's case file. she agreed that everyone looked very good. He was happy with us. She asked us if we were ready to be parents. We both smiled " saying yes!" We were signing the papers and getting ready for everything to be official. Suddenly I didn't know what was happen. I felt my hand become weak. I couldn't feel it. I felt to the ground, the pen went flying. Matt kneeled down to my level, yelling " Gabby! Gabby!! what's wrong..?" I laid there motionless. Matt yelled " get an ambulance..." 

They got an ambulance fast. The paramedics asked " what happened.." I looked at them " my wife... she was fine... she just passed out.." The paramedic nodded " it's okay sir.." I looked at them " Lieutenant Casey.. 51..." They nodded " ok lieutenant we need to get your wife to Chicago med.." I nodded " ok I'm coming!" Antonio looked at me " I got Louie... i'll do what I can to meet you there!" 

We got to the hospital. She was still down. I saw Will, he said what do we have " 28 year old woman... collapsed on scene... her bp's been up and down..." Will nodded " I got her Matt!" I stood by her side " it's okay.." Will looked at me " let's push fluids... and get this bp stabilized..." I looked at him " what's wrong..?" He looked at me " has anything changed medically..?" I shook my head " no... she's been good.." Will looked at me " she's not pregnant.." I shook my head, again " I don't think so..." Will looked at me " let's get an ultrasound just in case..." I started to wake up. I opened my eyes slowly " Matt... Matt!" Matt held my hand " i'm here.. it's okay.." I looked around " what happened.." Will looked at her " you passed out... do you know why.." I looked at him " I... I don't know.." He looked at me " were going to figure this out. let's do an ultrasound!"

 I looked at the ultrasound screen. I felt something. Will looked at me " here we go!" I looked at him " i'm..." Will smiled " your pregnant..." I looked at him " how long..?" He looked at me " it's hard to say.. but i'd guess 8-10 weeks!" I looked at him, panicking " it can't be like last time! i can't go through that!" Will looked at me " Gabby.. Gabby! I need you to stay... calm.. ok!" I nodded "ya.." He looked at me " your babies good.... healthy heart beat... your going to be okay.. but" Matt looked at him " but.. what?" Will looked at us " things are going to be hard... and I need you to stay clam... and keep the stress to a minimum for you and the baby... ok!" I nodded " yeah.. thanks Will!" He nodded " i'll check on you  later!" 

Matt smiled " your pregnant!" I smiled " this was all meant to be... we have a son and now were going to have another.." Matt smiled " This is so great Baby! I love you!" I kissed Matt " love you too!"

Authors note

Thanks so much everyone for reading my story! I know I left you with a cliffhanger which was intended. I knew the whole time when I was writing this, that I wanted to end off with a pregnancy. There will be a follow up book following this story and Gabby's new pregnancy. We will see how everyone will react to this new baby, and how Matt & Gabby will handle everything. It's going to be a fun and rough road, but it's all worth it in the end! stay tune for the next book it will be coming within the next few months...