new house! - chapter 39

were moving in in just a few days. I'm excited for all of this. I was trying to get Louie ready, and excited. He's a quiet little boy. They were always worried about his speech because he was a little slower. Being in foster care affected him in that way. Nobody was teaching him anything Nobody cared really. I care now, and that's all that matters. I read to him every night. We talk all the time. I was excited for us All to move into a new house. Louie was going to have his own room. We would have our room. It was going to be nice. This is going to be our home. Were going to grow so much there. 

I sat with Louie and looked at his book. I smiled " what's that..?" He pointed " dog!" I laughed " and what does the dog say..." He said " ruf.. ruff" I laughed " good... and where does the dog live...?" He laughed " the house!" I smiled " good job!" Louie pointed to the cat " cat.." I laughed " yes good boy! the dog and cat live in the house together... you know were going to live in a house like that... you me... and your dad.. were going to live a big house... and your going to have your own room... and mommy and daddy will have their own room!" Louie looked at me " house!" I smiled " yes... hey what's your favorite color..?" Louie looked at me " blue!" I smiled "ok we will paint your room blue!"