long enough- chapter 10

I've been thinking a lot about the future. I love my job! Being a firefighter is my life. Being a first responder is the best feeling and best job there is. I can't deny that at all. I love it all. I would never give it up, but now I'm a mom. I have a child to worry about it. I know the risks of the job. My life has been on the line a handful of times. Theres that risk that is flashed in front of your eyes. This is when you think about what will happen when it could suddenly. I don't want Louie to have to go through that. The likelihood that he will is up there, but there is something I could do. I don't want him to lose either of us. I don't even like the thought of him loosing the both of us. I've been thinking about going back to my old job. I loved being a paramedic. I just think about my family and the dangers. I think of the pain my kids would be in if I was not there. I want to always be there what matter what.

I knew what I had to do this morning. I knocked on the chief's office door " chief!" He answered                " ya come in!" I walked in and closed the door " so I need to ask you something..?" The chief just looked at me " ok what's going on..?" I sat down " Well... i've been thinking a lot lately. now that i have Louie I don't want to risk anything. i think i need to go back on ambo.. be  back on 61.." The chief looked at me " you sure... after this year and all the work you've done.." I looked at him " I'm a mom now and I have to look after my son.. this is best.." The chief looked at me " It's your decision... and lucky for you Jimmy's transferring.." I looked at him " what.." He looked at me " yeah his brothers death you know was had on him so he's going to his old house theres nothing we can do.." I looked at him " well thanks for this chief!"