I know you- chapter 6

Matt's POV

I love Gabby and only her. I know the kiss seems bad. I know Gabby knows that I love her. She is the only person that I can say that I truly loved. I loved Hallie yeah, but things were complicated there. We wanted different things at times. We just weren't completely fit. With Gabby I feel like we are the puzzle pieces that fit together. She gets me, I get her. Both being firefighters makes more sense. We get how the job is, and we can be there for each other with everything that happens. 

I know what I want, and that's a family. I want to do good for my city, and for my family. That's what my focus is. I'm a family man and that's just me. I knew I had to make sure things were clear between us. I walked out into the common room where everyone was sitting waiting around for the next call. I looked at Gabby sitting there with her hand holding her head up. I looked at her " Gabby.. can we talk for a minute.." She nodded " ok.. sure!" We walked into my office, and she sat down on my bunk. I sat right next to her " so... I just wanted to talk about what we discussed.." She looked at me " ya... about?" I looked at her " about Susan kissing me.." She looked at me " what about her!" I grasped her hand  " were ok right..? nothings changed.." She looked at me " it meant nothing to you.. right?" I nodded " of course it meant completely nothing... I love you!" She kissed me " good... I love you!" Matt  kissed me pulling me closer " I love you too! nothing is going to change that!"