Working- chapter 12

I'm really happy with my decision. I know it's for the best. When Brett first came to 51, I loved working with her. We really become close, fast. I didn't think I would be close with some like this again. When Shay died I felt so alone, and empty. I had Matt, but he's my boyfriend. He was there for me as a loving boyfriend. I felt like I need a friend. I needed someone that was my good friend. Brett has became that person. Also I have Stella here. She's an old friend from the academy, and were close. It's nice to just feel like I have a full life. After the miscarriage I didn't know if I would ever feel like this again. I have a son and I'm happy. My relationship is my everything. 

The bells went off, and we were on a call. They reported " Ambulance 61, chest pains.." This was it. It was chest pains, but this is something. This is my life. We rushed to the location. We knock on the door " Fire department... paramedics here!" The guy yells " just come in!" We walk like it's another day. It was just another day. He looked at us " thank god!" I looked at him kneeling next to him " your experiencing.. chest pains sir?" He nodded " ya... please stop it!" I looked at him " your going to be okay.. what's your name?" He looked at me struggling through pain " Nathan..." I smiled, comforting him " It's gonna be okay... let's push some fluid's and get to Chicago med brett!" 

We got him to Chicago Med and it seemed here like everyone was going to be okay. This was the part of the job that was the same, helping.